The "cashew" in upper right corner

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

farfnarf
Simple Hen

The "cashew" in upper right corner

Post by farfnarf » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:17

I did a search here on the word, "cashew," and got 0 results. That surprised me because I thought I saw that
thing mentioned in Sabayon forums a while back. Maybe I'm mistaken (must be with 0 hits :lol: ).

I want to get rid of it. Googling "get rid of cashew" gets a few mentions of a "kill the cashew" widget, but
links to that are not functional.

Does anybody here reading this know of how to get it off the screen? I can get it off the bar at the bottom
simply enough, of course; by locking the widgets. But the upper right one on the screen remains whether
widgets are locked or not.

Thanks if you know!

- F

amoebios
Growing Hen

Re: The "cashew" in upper right corner

Post by amoebios » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:59

Luckily, it didn't annoy me that much, yet. It's part of the Plasma desktop and i'm afraid it's stuck there for good. i think it's for convenience reasons.

Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Post by Fitzcarraldo » Fri Oct 30, 2009 13:09

Have you tried installing the I HATE the Cashew plasmoid? http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.ph ... tent=91009

amoebios
Growing Hen

Post by amoebios » Sat Oct 31, 2009 15:21

That's like opening The Box of Pandora! :shock:

tekwyzrd
Technological Hen

Post by tekwyzrd » Sat Oct 31, 2009 18:21

The thing I find odd is when using kde 4.2 setting up a second panel at the top of the screen eliminates the annoying cashew but after setting up a second panel in kde 4.3 the cashew was still there.
Former Sabayon user (2005 - 2013) and current Arch user.
I liked Sabayon until it switched to Rigo and becoming the gentoo equivalent of Ubuntu. Extreme browsing? Extreme gaming? Extreme work? Extreme development? Like, totally gnarly, dude!

cmost
Advanced Hen

Post by cmost » Sun Nov 01, 2009 23:12

In KDE 4.3, the cashew is much smaller and more discreet. It honestly doesn't bother me a bit. :D