Firefox starting on boot [Solved]

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

farfnarf
Simple Hen

Firefox starting on boot [Solved]

Post by farfnarf » Thu Aug 13, 2009 15:36

Hello -

For a reason I cannot determine yet, Firefox is starting on boot; it is there on the screen as soon as the boot is finished.

It has not done this before yesterday's update.

Is there a folder where I can configure the startup apps/programs? Or is there another more "right" way to fix this?

wolfden
Sharecropper

Re: Firefox starting on boot

Post by wolfden » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:20

what desktop environment?

Check your session and see what is set to start up as desktop environments all have Session settings and you can clear out stuffs.

Stupot
Sagely Hen

Post by Stupot » Fri Aug 14, 2009 15:15

I agree with wolfden. Most likely, what happened is you closed down your system with firefox still open and when you rebooted, it brought firefox back up. This is because restoring previous sessions in enabled by default, but it's just a matter of disabling it if you don't want that behavior.

farfnarf
Simple Hen

Post by farfnarf » Fri Aug 14, 2009 18:10

Thanks for responding.

It looks like it started happening when I allowed the battery to run completely down. It slipped my mind that it had done that, and all I did was come back to the laptop and plug it in to AC and started using it.

The behavior of it invoking Firefox on boot stopped once I charged it back up and shut down the OS normally.

Sorry to start a thread about this.. I really thought it was some bug and that I'd need to go into a startup folder and comment something out or delete something. I had to think about the order of events before it occurred to me about the battery dying and shutting off the system with the browser still open.