stunning

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

rand.a
Growing Hen

Re: stunning

Post by rand.a » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:25

neighborlee wrote:Your idiocy speaks for itself..and NO amount of googling will assist you in your smear campaign ;)
Its not a smear campaign, just being less ignorant of your history.

Reading your forum history on numerous other distro's sites, IRC logs from other distro's channels, and seeing your christian video game project (rofl) I get an idea of what kind of person you are. Though i was originally just looking for this blog you claimed to have posted this issue on.

Have a good night Lee Johnson, landscaper near Bellevue, WA. :P

neighborlee
Young Hen

Post by neighborlee » Wed Mar 12, 2008 17:29

c0nv1ct wrote:
neighborlee wrote:Your idiocy speaks for itself..and NO amount of googling will assist you in your smear campaign ;)
Its not a smear campaign, just being less ignorant of your history.

Reading your forum history on numerous other distro's sites, IRC logs from other distro's channels, and seeing your christian video game project (rofl) I get an idea of what kind of person you are. Though i was originally just looking for this blog you claimed to have posted this issue on.

Have a good night Lee Johnson, landscaper near Bellevue, WA. :P
ah yes I see ;)....not only do you not have any 'morals' to denounce the way I was treated, but you also have a lack of morals to find it 'just ok' to mock the christian name..well go you ;)

hmm and we wonder why linux isn't a household name yet..with people like around it never will be...by now someone FROM sabayon could have replied to show a voice of reason in this clear storm, but they have not done so have they.

I think this shows exactly the lack of moral leadership here.

I am not near bellevue btw ;)
NOt that I imagine it matters to you much..but GOOD TRY convict and next time to try so 'hard' to find me..Ill be calling 911 so no. YOU have a good night ;)

BOnVoyage
cheers
nl

neighborlee
Young Hen

Post by neighborlee » Wed Mar 12, 2008 17:32

wolfden wrote:sounds like a whine to me

The IRC channel isn't there to teach you linux and you will be pointed to resources to read. It's encouraged to go through the resources available first as we get people in IRC that flat out demand that we give them the commands so they can just copy and paste. When we give them the forum or wiki post they come irate at us. The helpers in IRC are abused daily and yes they aren't going to take crap from others. I don't know your case, but I see a very high percentage of people getting help in the room and people thanking for the help. 9 out of 10 times the person brings upon himself his own destiny. Nobody is in the room to be mean on purpose. If you don't like being told to RTFM than you might want to put on a tougher shell or actually take the time and go over the documentation, wikis, and forums first.

Take a look here -http://wiki.sabayonlinux.org/index.php?title=FAQ
All those questions are asked every single day in IRC multiply times day in and day out, time after time. Why do you think that was written? Why should a irc user get mad and start cursing at the helpers when they give them a link that resolves their problem? Why does a irc user not trust that we have pointed them in the right direction? Do you really think we sit in there to mess with your mind and fubar your system? Webchat brings in a lot of irc users trolling on purpose. They play beyond dumb just to see how long they can drag it out. Try sitting in there day in and day out dealing with impatient people that are too lazy to open a browser and read the solution.

I keep reminding people that if you give respect you will get respect back. We have some really great IRC helpers that are very knowledgeable and volunteer their time to help people even tho they get abused every time. They are willing to look beyond the idiots that come in and help those that really want the help.

Some tips before entering IRC - search first. I can't stress that enough. The gentoo community is huge and is very very very rare that one person is singled out with the problem at hand. More than likely someone has already posted the problem and a response applied to it. If your searches are failing, than work on your keywords. Avoid using an entire sentence or common words. Let's say amarok fails to build and you have no idea. Head over to the Sabayon Forum or Gentoo Forum and start with the obvious, just punch amarok into the search box and look thru the results. More than likely you will find someone has already posted it. It may take a day or two before a solution is posted, so just keep checking back on it. Don't forget about the bugzillas, lot of great answers are found there too. All your basic operations can be found in the Gentoo handbook and asking in IRC how to get sound working is going to get you a link to the handbook section as it explains it better than anyone in IRC can. Can't figure out how to install virtualbox server in sabayon? Google will work great for this, simply use the keywords ----> gentoo virtualbox <------- and you will find the howto on the gentoo wiki. Why do you think we have a global message on the forum -- http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/viewt ... 57&t=12722 to prevent repeated thread like http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/viewt ... 54&t=12213 You have no idea how many times that has been asked. The day that problem came about, the solution was resolved almost immediately on this forum and the gentoo forum. We still get people asking that and we still see people deleting portage of all things and they still get mad at us. Have some patience also when in IRC. Flaming a helper, you might as well just ban yourself as you will not get help ever. If you try and willing to learn you will have no problems. Like I said earlier, people usually get what they have coming to them. I know this isn't in all cases, but majority. Sometimes you just need to ignore and try later, but till you have walked the miles in the helpers shoes you can't begin to understand the magnitude of stupidity that occurs in IRC. Give them credit for being there, again I don't know your situation as there is two sides to every story. I will guarantee you tho, nobody is there to be mean on purpose. There is a lot of good times in the room and people are given multiple chances to correct themselves. You should try hanging out in some other chat rooms, you will find we are very soft when it comes to banning and what not.
I did not search first, so that makes me a horrrrrrrrible ignorant person right..ah wrong..you can go into #windows..ask something possibly considered 'ignorant' and not be given the RTFM treatment..this ONLY happens in certain linux circles.

cheers
nl

Stupot
Sagely Hen

Post by Stupot » Wed Mar 12, 2008 18:45

Neighborlee, first off, I still believe you are ignorant of what the definition of ignorant is.

Second, I don't know what set of morals you have been raised on, but I always learned "Judge not, lest ye be judged".

It seems to me that you were too quick to jump the gun and go on the offensive instead of trying to understand what was being told to you. If I asked you the same question five times, you would get annoyed too, and that's how your conversation concerning Entropy started off.

Lastly, try and always remember, when it seems the world is going against you...perhaps you are going the wrong way. Trust me when I say that you'll be a lot happier when you realize that with every situation, you should take a step back and look at your own behavior before you start complaining about others.

nemesis
Simple Hen

Post by nemesis » Wed Mar 12, 2008 19:28

definitely ignorant of the meaning of the word...

btw...being somewhat new myself, I WAS ignorant of binhost also...

joost
Sagely Hen

Post by joost » Wed Mar 12, 2008 20:37

*farts
My blog | Mastodon | Please support Sabayon: Become a Patron

Kulluminatii
Young Hen

Post by Kulluminatii » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:19

Wow, I started to feel sympathetic for the guy until I read the conversation(s) that went on :D . I am fairly new to Linux myself, and I'll be honest that at times the chat rooms aren't the most noob friendly environments to be in; but you got to consider the fact that many "noobs" come into the chat room daily demanding that they receive help for a problem that is most likely already answered in the wiki and/or these forums. Also, you should take into consideration the fact that the people in their helping others with problems don't have to do what they do, so if they come off a little harsh you shouldn't jump to the conclusion that the chatroom is full of "young ignorant elitists" or whatever you called them.

rand.a
Growing Hen

Post by rand.a » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:19

User attempts to troll #sabayon
#sabayon calls User on his lack of knowing wtf hes talking about
User panics, calls people names, leaves.
User tries to troll sabayon forum.
IRC logs posted on User's thread.
User looks stupid.

That about sums it up. Its pointless for this thread to continue. Locking....

And BTW, yes, not researching first does make you ignorant. I suggest you crack open a dictionary.

I'm so telling Jesus about this, hes gonna be totally disappointed in you.

UPDATE: Due to many requests, I'm unlocking this again, keep it intelligent people...

Azerthoth
Simple Hen

Post by Azerthoth » Thu Mar 13, 2008 16:32

Hows about this, the websters definition of the word ignorant.
1 a: destitute of knowledge or education <an ignorant society>; also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified <parents ignorant of modern mathematics> b: resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence <ignorant errors>
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ignorant

Seems more than clear to me that the word in question was used appropriately.

The rest of this is just absolutely humorous. I notice that he's not defending his ignorance, just that the word was used at all. Which leads us to the other word he might take umbrage of, stupid. As in "dont let ingorance progress to stupidity"

From all this, it just seems too late for this lost soul. Who seems as many are to blame others for their own failings.

Marteni
Baby Hen

Post by Marteni » Thu May 08, 2008 17:44

There once was a troll who lived under a bridge...

Personally I love Sabayon Linux. I'm just about to start a new business; and all IT will be Sabayon Linux.

Sometimes people are just dumb / stupid / insensitive / boring.

Bad luck to them. It's people like Wolfden and crew who keep this little baby alive, they are the real thing; no coke.

Love and blessings.

Marteni.