Fix Unkown Fielsystem [solved]

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

vanden9
Young Hen

Fix Unkown Fielsystem [solved]

Post by vanden9 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 18:20

I been using Sabayon for a very long time since the great update of 3.0... I gave it to my little sister installed it on her Pc and everything was working great...Until yesterday were my little sister could not load any app I thought nothing of it and just told her to restart(thinking that some part of Kde was not loading since it said something about klanucher not loading..)DOnt really know what happened after that bit later that night my sister could not boot into her pc....I tryed to load Sabayon 3.3 live cd...It failed to boot....I tryed and load 3.4 F mini Edu but the screen res was to high and her monitor cant display a picture...THen I tried Ubuntu everything loaded...BUt when I went to go mount the drive I found out my filesystem was unknown..I can still boot to a cli of Sabayon but have no idea what to do after that...I really only after the data I had a few gb of dvd rips and my sister pictures...ANything I can do to repair it...

I used the Sabayon default so It would be a ext3 or a ext2 file system...

If I do a update install of Sabayon will that reair my filesystem and keep my data..

spaarketel
Baby Hen

Re: Fix Unkown Fielsystem

Post by spaarketel » Tue Nov 20, 2007 13:07

I had the same problem recently. The thing is Sabayon uses LVM by default. When in the boot menu of the LiveCD, press F5 (=more options). There you should add "dolvm2" to the kernel options to enable reading LVM volumes. (just add it at the end of the string that shows up after pressing F5). Then you should be able to mount your partitions. They are called something like /dev/VolGroup00/Vol00 (and subsequent numbers, depending on the number of partitons you have) if I recall correctly. Not sure, but this info should help you out.
Thanks to http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/viewt ... vm2#p45338

Cheers,
Simon

vanden9
Young Hen

Re: Fix Unkown Fielsystem

Post by vanden9 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 23:01

Well I dident use that...But thanks for the help..

It seemed type in fsck and told it to fix a few files and it was back to working...

Once again thanks for trying..