Anyone uses XBMC

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

Anyone uses XBMC

Postby trungdien » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:41

Hey Folks,
When I installed Sabyon 5.1 64AMD, I installed the KDE desktop version when I got to that installation screen that also displayed xbmc and another desktop something. But when I got Sabayon up and running there was an icon for xbmc on the desktop.
I was just wondering what is the difference between installing Sabayon with xbmc at the installation screen, as compared to installing the KDE and accessing the xbmc program within KDE?

Is anyone using xbmc? Do you like it? Don't like it? Any tips or tricks?
I've been playing with it a lot lately, and I like what it does, but then it's the only program I've ever looked into. I've read up on xbmc too and it sounds like a good option to use in a htpc, something I'm thinking of doing.
Thanks
trungdien
Baby Hen

Re: Anyone uses XBMC

Postby Uzi » Sun Aug 13, 2017 0:04

It's not been called XBMC for a long time. Now called KODI but it is the same thing. I have used it for a long time to manage my movies & TV shows. For that I give it 10/10. Many use it for streaming, I use it to stream some tv shows but it depends a lot on the source, their servers & your d.l. speed or you get lots of buffering. I also have it in the bedroom loaded on a Raspberry Pi in its OPENELEC version.

Youtube has loads of good instruction vids but again search KODI not XBMC.
Uzi
Baby Hen

Re: Anyone uses XBMC

Postby albfneto » Thu Aug 17, 2017 21:23

ALBERTO FEDERMAN NETO
albfneto
[email protected]
Favorite Distros: Sabayon, Gentoo, Mageia and OpenSUSE
albfneto
Sagely Hen

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion