FAN GUI

Issues Related to Hardware (Sound, Video, Printers, Scanners, Webcams, Touchpads, Keyboards, Sensors, Drives, GRUB, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators

bigdeal
Baby Hen

FAN GUI

Post by bigdeal » Thu Mar 02, 2017 23:59

Hello,

Thanks to your Linux products.

I tried several distributions to chnage el capitan with Linux on mac pro but always the same problem with fans.

I tried to installed fan control and others … but WHY do not create a fan control adjustment GUI as Macs fan control?

If you have a solution out-of-box because it is very frusted to install a Linux suite and don not solve fans issues (on mac, it is a aircraft noise …)

Since 2003, users seek a fan GUI solution … SINCE 2003 …

In other part, on Macbook pro, many problem with Nvidia and drivers. When you install (with ubuntu or fedora), you finish with a black screen and oblige to reformat. Do you have a strong and corrct solution with Nvidia drivers and your Linux?

I thank you very much because I appreciate to move up with Linux and your distribution as many users …

Regards,

Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Re: FAN GUI

Post by Fitzcarraldo » Fri Mar 03, 2017 21:04

Regarding NVIDIA drivers, really that's a question you should be asking NVIDIA Corporation. My main laptop has NVIDIA Optimus hardware (HD 4600 IGP and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M GPU), and it was a major PIA to configure for Linux. Linux forums seem to have umpteen posts and threads about problems with NVIDIA GPUs. It's not Linux that is at fault; it's NVIDIA Corporation that is at fault for not properly supporting anything other than Windows. Linus Torvalds' infamous finger to NVIDIA just about sums it up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVpOyKCNZYw
Linus Torvalds wrote:NVIDIA has been the single worst company we have ever dealt with, so NVIDIA f**k you.

bigdeal
Baby Hen

Re: FAN GUI

Post by bigdeal » Sat Mar 04, 2017 17:20

Thanks. I will try it. I know that I bought several macs equipments (5 servers, 9 desktop mobile and office). For next equipments, only intel graphics or compatible sure. No amd, no nvidia … I will change mobile phone with open source phone so because if you don't ugrade the equipment (no obsolete), you cannot use latest applications …

If anyone has a GUI fan solution to a mac pro, otherwise it is an aircraft …