Epson XP-300 printer via USB? [Solved]

Issues Related to Hardware (Sound, Video, Printers, Scanners, Webcams, Touchpads, Keyboards, Sensors, Drives, GRUB, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators

billwx
Young Hen

Epson XP-300 printer via USB? [Solved]

Post by billwx » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:04

Hi all,
Only once have i ever gotten my Epson XP-300 printer to work wirelessly, so i usually just set it up connected via usb. Searching Rigo i only see one option for Epson drivers, the escpr. I installed that but can't even find a place to start setting up the printer. The cups printer manager goes to my Firefox and spins forever on a black screen.
I am dual-booting Sabayon with Antergos. The latter gives me several Epson driver choices, i install the one for my model, go to system-administration-printers, select my model, and am off and running. Now that i primarily use Sabayon I'd like to get it set up here but there's only Rigo under System-Administration. Using MATE for both os's. Ideas?

billwx
Young Hen

Re: Epson XP-300 printer via USB?

Post by billwx » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:43

The Arch User Repository has the driver for my specific printer. Since the escpr driver offered here doesn't seem to work, could i intsll the driver from Antergos into Sabayon and use this printer via usb? Thanks!

joost
Sagely Hen

Post by joost » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:54

The cups printer manager goes to my Firefox and spins forever on a black screen.
Try to open this link in google-chrome?
http://localhost:631/
My blog | Twitter | Please support Sabayon: Image

billwx
Young Hen

Post by billwx » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:31

Mark it solved. Reluctantly i reinstalled Chrome, went to the page, and set up my printer. All is well via usb; have yet to attempt wifi printing. Firefox user and not a Google fan, but this does work. Thank you.