Cannot Load Live CD [Solved]

Issues Related to Hardware (Sound, Video, Printers, Scanners, Webcams, Touchpads, Keyboards, Sensors, Drives, GRUB, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators

Cannot Load Live CD [Solved]

Postby elwood55 » Mon May 12, 2014 16:56

I have now downloaded and burned SL to disc three times. It will not come up when I boot. The boot screen appears, I choose the boot option, the screen momentarily goes black then brightens, I can hear the disc working, but nothing shows up. I'm guessing it's a monitor issue . . I have a Dell SR 220L with an HDMI connection. I tried changing monitor-related parameters (noapic, etc.) with no effect. FWIW I can open the latest disc on my current Linux system (which I couldn't with the first two), after getting it from the direct link rather than a mirror. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Last edited by elwood55 on Tue May 13, 2014 21:26, edited 1 time in total.
elwood55
Baby Hen

Re: Cannot Load Live CD

Postby linuxfluesterer » Tue May 13, 2014 14:43

Due to the circumstances that (not only I assume) I can not find any datasheet according to your "Dell SR 220L" in Google, you are asked to tell us about your hardware:
-age od that laptop (when produced)
-processor
-ram (size)
-graphics adapter!
-shared/dedicated
all as exact as possible, pls.

-Linuxfluesterer (I love KDE ...)

btw. it is much easier to create a USB-Live stick...
Take away Facebook from me and let there be real people again...
linuxfluesterer
Old Dear Hen

Postby elwood55 » Tue May 13, 2014 14:56

I have a three-year-old Dell Inspiron 580 desktop, with an Intel i3 Dual Core processor, 4gb RAM, with on-board Intel GMA HD video.
elwood55
Baby Hen

Postby elwood55 » Tue May 13, 2014 21:26

By trial and error I finally got it to work by using nomodeset under advanced boot options.
elwood55
Baby Hen

Return to Hardware