Cannot Load Live CD [Solved]

Issues Related to Hardware (Sound, Video, Printers, Scanners, Webcams, Touchpads, Keyboards, Sensors, Drives, GRUB, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators

Cannot Load Live CD [Solved]

Postby elwood55 » Mon May 12, 2014 16:56

I have now downloaded and burned SL to disc three times. It will not come up when I boot. The boot screen appears, I choose the boot option, the screen momentarily goes black then brightens, I can hear the disc working, but nothing shows up. I'm guessing it's a monitor issue . . I have a Dell SR 220L with an HDMI connection. I tried changing monitor-related parameters (noapic, etc.) with no effect. FWIW I can open the latest disc on my current Linux system (which I couldn't with the first two), after getting it from the direct link rather than a mirror. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Last edited by elwood55 on Tue May 13, 2014 21:26, edited 1 time in total.
elwood55
Baby Hen

Re: Cannot Load Live CD

Postby linuxfluesterer » Tue May 13, 2014 14:43

Due to the circumstances that (not only I assume) I can not find any datasheet according to your "Dell SR 220L" in Google, you are asked to tell us about your hardware:
-age od that laptop (when produced)
-processor
-ram (size)
-graphics adapter!
-shared/dedicated
all as exact as possible, pls.

-Linuxfluesterer (I love KDE ...)

btw. it is much easier to create a USB-Live stick...
I really hope, that by the Brexit (poor Britain), TTIP will be finally prevented. But don't get tired to talk to your local politician to open eyes for danger to democracy because of TTIP
linuxfluesterer
Old Dear Hen

Postby elwood55 » Tue May 13, 2014 14:56

I have a three-year-old Dell Inspiron 580 desktop, with an Intel i3 Dual Core processor, 4gb RAM, with on-board Intel GMA HD video.
elwood55
Baby Hen

Postby elwood55 » Tue May 13, 2014 21:26

By trial and error I finally got it to work by using nomodeset under advanced boot options.
elwood55
Baby Hen

Return to Hardware