Instal wireless printer scanner epson nx430

Issues Related to Hardware (Sound, Video, Printers, Scanners, Webcams, Touchpads, Keyboards, Sensors, Drives, GRUB, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators

Instal wireless printer scanner epson nx430

Postby hugo » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:05

I managed to sort a few installation obstacles and I was getting excited with Sabayon. However... I find no way (certainly no EASY simple way) to install an Epson printer-scanner. Drivers are available as deb files (also as rpm) and easily installed with Gdebi and printer setup in deb derived systems. I tried several times with CUPS, ipp, http, etc. What am I missing or doing wrong that I cannot solve what should be a standard common action (installing an epson printer/scanner :cry: )?

ADDED: Following the instructions, I can print with Cups+Gutenprint. However, only somewhat workable option is using NX420 (NO NX430 option) and color graphs do not print well. Besides, how do I get scanning?

Is there a simple CLI to use the deb (or the rpm) drivers available from Epson/Seiko? Any other solution? I am an ignorant newbie trying to avoid all CLI dealings!

Thanks in advance.
hugo
Baby Hen

Re: Instal wireless printer scanner epson nx430

Postby hugo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 14:47

Despite several supporting efforts by abs in the Spanish Sabayon forum, I found no solution.

Epson-Seiko do offer a generic drive for the printer scanner nx430, which seems to have no advantage over the generic one installed by cups-gutenprint.

Sabayon does work well for me, at least after two updates. However, departing from deb or rpm file operations seems to have unavoidable costs for some users. Maybe this will change in the future.
hugo
Baby Hen

Return to Hardware