Kernel Panic

Issues Related to Hardware (Sound, Video, Printers, Scanners, Webcams, Touchpads, Keyboards, Sensors, Drives, GRUB, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators

Kernel Panic

Postby pethor » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:40

After finally managing to get the LiveCD booting (xdriver=vesa), I installed Sabayon Linux 13.08 x64 on my notebook alongside with Linux Mint :oops:.

Hardware Specs:
Intel Core i7 3630QM
NVIdia GeForce GTX 670MX
Killer Ethernet E2200
Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230

First of all, I did not set the bootloader option after the installtion, because I already have a GRUB bootloader installed. Right after the installation I booted into Linux Mint and updated my GRUB - it automatically recognized Sabayon as a new operating system.

After rebooting, I tried to start Sabayon (first in regular mode, then recovery mode) and both times I get a kernel panic! I've no idea what to do now :oops:

I'll reboot now to reproduce the kernel panic and upload the picture of it ... Here it is:

http://i.imgur.com/SbrYpaL.jpg

Thanks in advance!
pethor
Baby Hen

Re: Kernel Panic

Postby albfneto » Wed Sep 11, 2013 19:53

seems to not syncronize kernel. seeem to be installed from a defective ISO, errors in the live cd.
ALBERTO FEDERMAN NETO
albfneto
[email protected]
Favorite Distros: Sabayon, Gentoo, Mageia and OpenSUSE
albfneto
Sagely Hen

Postby pethor » Wed Sep 11, 2013 20:09

@albfeneto
Thx 4 info, I never thought about that ... I'll try to re-install as soon as possible :)
pethor
Baby Hen

Postby daywatch » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:28

albfneto wrote:seems to not syncronize kernel. seeem to be installed from a defective ISO, errors in the live cd.

oh, really?
I got same issues if I disable secureboot and I enable CSM (compatibility mode) into my UEFI/BIOS. And I boot with noacpi.
With UEFI, it is not giving kernel panic. Without, yes. OK, it will give black screen, later on UEFI, think it is caused by nvidia card, but this is a different storry. If i boot with noacpi, but with UEFI, will boot. But of course I cannot install, because the installer will not launch.

So, how is this an defective ISO? If i enable legacy BIOS on the machine, it will damage automatically the iso? Even if is already written on an usb stick? and it is booting fine if i try in VBox? And the checksum is ok?

The symptoms appear on real machine, not in Vbox. I5, Nvidia GT 635M and Intel Ivy Bridge.

I will try also the xdriver=vesa option, thanks for the tip. But I think we should collect more info until we decide if an iso it is defective or not.
daywatch
Baby Hen

Return to Hardware