Lexmark Interpret S405

Issues Related to Hardware (Sound, Video, Printers, Scanners, Webcams, Touchpads, Keyboards, Sensors, Drives, GRUB, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators

Lexmark Interpret S405

Postby Gara3987 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:20

I started using Sabayon several weeks ago. Though I have been unable to find a solution to getting this printer installed and working. I did come across some work arounds, however, those work arounds were for the universal installers prior to the distro specific installers, and was for Gentoo.

I have contacted Lexmark, and they have replied saying that the email has been forwarded to their development team, and that they are looking into it. This was about two weeks ago, and I have not had any status updates.

Outside of that, I have not been able to find any other possible solutions, and was wondering what would be the best course of action to take in concerns with this issue.

Thanks in Advance
Gara3987
Baby Hen

Re: Lexmark Interpret S405

Postby ma03 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 21:30

Hi,

have you managed to find a solution to this problem?
I am in the same position trying to install drivers for a Platinum Pro905, with no luck.

I would greatly appreciate an answer.
ma03
Baby Hen

Re: Lexmark Interpret S405

Postby Gara3987 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 19:40

ma03 wrote:Hi,

have you managed to find a solution to this problem?
I am in the same position trying to install drivers for a Platinum Pro905, with no luck.

I would greatly appreciate an answer.

Unfortunately I have not. Using a Virtual Machine with a distro which is supported, or setting up an old computer as a print server will correct the issue for the time being. That is about all I can think of at the moment. It is a shame that they made it distro centric.
Gara3987
Baby Hen

Return to Hardware