I have issued emerge --sync
- Code: Select all
* IMPORTANT: 4 config files in '/etc' need updating.
* See the CONFIGURATION FILES section of the emerge
* man page to learn how to update config files.
* An update to portage is available. It is _highly_ recommended
* that you update portage now, before any other packages are updated.
* To update portage, run 'emerge portage' now.
* IMPORTANT: 6 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
* Use eselect news to read news items.
Should I update config files and update portage first?