Unknown bug with Ati drivers or Wireless Ath5k + Wicd

Issues Related to Hardware (Sound, Video, Printers, Scanners, Webcams, Touchpads, Keyboards, Sensors, Drives, GRUB, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators

skiman
Young Hen

Unknown bug with Ati drivers or Wireless Ath5k + Wicd

Post by skiman » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:42

Hi there! I have problem with new 4.2 KDE based relise, ( Hardware laptop Toshiba A210-1AP it comes with Mobility Radeon HD2600 512mb and Atheros WiFi card) after Sabayon 4.2 installation all sems to work fine including X server and KDE with compiz, but only before i start my wireless card.

In previous relise wich was updated to current kernel 2.6.29 it were works fine with ath9k kernel built in module.
Now with same kernel version my wifi card is recorgnized only with ath5k module. I'm installing Wicd and trying to configure it, after cordless network configuration system at my Laptop is freezzing and getting not responsible for any key pressing. It happens to fast after system startup off course with wicd.

In what can be problem?
Everything that doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!

skiman
Young Hen

Re: Unknown bug with Ati drivers or Wireless Ath5k + Wicd

Post by skiman » Fri Aug 21, 2009 19:34

Problem where with not removed NetworManager from default, after wicd installation.

as root 'equo install wicd && equo conf update'
after that is done 'rc-update add wicd default && rc-update del NetworkManager'
next you add wicd-client to auto start and reboot to clear all current network settings
and let wicd repopulate.
Everything that doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!