I canna mount it captain. my fakeraid that is.

Issues Related to Hardware (Sound, Video, Printers, Scanners, Webcams, Touchpads, Keyboards, Sensors, Drives, GRUB, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators

I canna mount it captain. my fakeraid that is.

Postby Flectarn » Sun Aug 03, 2008 19:58

I recently installed Sabayon 3.5 x86_64 and am enjoying it, except I cannot for the life of me get my Raid-0 to mount.

it's an Nvidia software raid built-into the mobo, striping two 400gig Hitachi HDDs. Currently working find in XP and Vista, and previously running in PClinuxOS, before I decided i wanted a 64bit OS.

anyway, thus far my attempts to mount it have consisted of activating it with dmraid, adding an entry for it variously in Fstab and Mtab, and adding at various times a folder or a device link for it /media. No combination of these efforts has resulted in access to my drive. So... what am I missing?

on a related note, I can't seem to find a way to automount my collection of partitions... any changes I make to mtab are errased when i log out, and editing fstab so the drives had an 'auto' tag, gave me duplicate links to drives... that still didn't automount. So, again, what am i doing wrong there... or better yet is there a convinent utility that will do this for me?

Thanks in advance.
Flectarn
Baby Hen

Return to Hardware