HP mouse problems

Issues Related to Hardware (Sound, Video, Printers, Scanners, Webcams, Touchpads, Keyboards, Sensors, Drives, GRUB, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators

Compiz Windows moving problems...

Postby evilnone » Sun May 18, 2008 22:56

As the title says I am having problems moving windows around with compiz. Let me explain... Basically I just installed sabayon on this pc (i have it on my laptop already with no problems). But whenever I go to move a window around my desktop (ie this browser im using atm) It moves it a short distance then just basically opens and closes it... (like double clicking the bar at the top) and it just does this over and over... When I log in to X instead of KDE i have no problems (although not using compiz) I am not sure what this is called to search for but the searchs I did turned up nothing... any help?

EDIT: After noticing some new problems I am not sure if this is compiz related or something else.... (I think my mouse is sending the doubleclick to the program as it moves) When I try to highlight text in my browser (through KDE or X ) It starts to highlight then goes nuts... basically I think something is wrong with the way the mouse works with sabayon... (linux in general i think). I have an hp and the mouse and keyboard came bundled with it (wireless keyboard and mouse) the model numer of the mouse is 5189URF (M) if that helps any
evilnone
Young Hen

HP mouse problems

Postby evilnone » Sun May 18, 2008 23:14

Ok as the title says I have an HP and the mouse is all wacked out under linux...

basically whenever I go to hold the left mouse button down (ie to highlight text OR move windows) its like it is doubleclicking after a few seconds... so I can highlight like for 1 second or move a window for one second then its like it starts doubleclicking... is this a known problem? (BTW 3.4F md5 is good and burned at 4x)

not sure what else is needed but here is my model number and some pc specs...

m8120n (hp cp model number)
mouse says model number 5189URF

p4 quad 2.4ghz
3gb ram

please help
evilnone
Young Hen

Re: HP mouse problems

Postby wolfden » Mon May 19, 2008 0:01

merged - only need to make one topic on same issue

you need to configure mouse in xorg.conf
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby evilnone » Mon May 19, 2008 0:18

thank you for merging and the reply can u point me to a guide or some more info as to how to edit that? thanks
evilnone
Young Hen

Postby xlnagla » Mon May 19, 2008 1:00

re-emerging evdev and restarting X solved this for me - quite annoying though, isn't it?

~xlnagla
xlnagla
Sagely Hen

Postby evilnone » Mon May 19, 2008 1:05

i did emerge evdev and it said no packages.... whats the command for evdev?

edit: let me rephrase that... whats the newest version out so i make sure it isntalled...
evilnone
Young Hen

Postby xlnagla » Mon May 19, 2008 1:08

xf86-input-evdev

~xlnagla
xlnagla
Sagely Hen

Postby evilnone » Mon May 19, 2008 1:32

ok well that didnt work... when i do a emerge xf86-input-evdev it downloads everything says its fine... i restart my pc (only way i know to restart x) and neither my keyboard or mouse work... i cant even log in... any idea?
evilnone
Young Hen

Postby xlnagla » Mon May 19, 2008 1:38

can you press ctrl-alt-f1 and enter a virtual terminal, or no?

~xlnagla
xlnagla
Sagely Hen

Postby evilnone » Mon May 19, 2008 1:44

u mean at the logon screen? after i emerge? i dont know i can redo it to see (every time i reboot after i cant log in it reverts back i think) is that what u mean though?
evilnone
Young Hen

Next

Return to Hardware