-No Sound- Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro

Issues Related to Hardware (Sound, Video, Printers, Scanners, Webcams, Touchpads, Keyboards, Sensors, Drives, GRUB, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators

Re: -No Sound- Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro

Postby lo_sballato_pg » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:16

thank you for your help, I apologize if I'm not able to follow perfectly :) only my 3rd day as a linux user..... when you say "take the list from python-updater and convert it to an emerge list so you can skip over all the troubled ones" what exactly would I be doing?

TWO PART QUESTION

If I was thinking to just go ahead and re-install Sabayon, just to start clean, as i've managed to compile a second Gentoo kernel trying to remove alsa, which is showing in my GRUB as well as the unprepared python update, how would I want to go about that?
would you recommend it? or should this still be a fairly easy clean-up?
I just feel like maybe i've really f'd things up.

thank you again
lo_sballato_pg
Baby Hen

Re: -No Sound- Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro

Postby wolfden » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:52

I can't answer that for you.

at the end of python-updater -it will produce a list of files to reinstall -- copy and paste that list to a text file and edit it so it becomes (packages will represent the real name of package of course)

emerge package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package package

so if one fails you can emerge --resume --skipfirst You will not get them all to rebuild, you may not even need all of them and maybe able to even uninstall some of them.

that is just one way to do it.
wolfden
Sharecropper

Previous

Return to Hardware