I used the documentation in wiki/hardware but when i was emerging the final 2 packages, ipw3945 ieee80211, the emerging failed, showing this message:
- Code: Select all
>> Emerging (3 of 4) net-wireless/ipw3945-1.2.0 to /
* ipw3945-1.2.0.tgz RMD160 ;-) ... [ ok ]
* ipw3945-1.2.0.tgz SHA1 ;-) ... [ ok ]
* ipw3945-1.2.0.tgz SHA256 ;-) ... [ ok ]
* ipw3945-1.2.0.tgz size ;-) ... [ ok ]
* checking ebuild checksums ;-) ... [ ok ]
* checking auxfile checksums ;-) ... [ ok ]
* checking miscfile checksums ;-) ... [ ok ]
* checking ipw3945-1.2.0.tgz ;-) ... [ ok ]
* This profile has not been tested thoroughly and is not considered to be
* a supported server profile at this time. For a supported server
* profile, please check the Hardened project (http://hardened.gentoo.org).
* This profile is merely a convenience for people who require a more
* minimal profile, yet are unable to use hardened due to restrictions in
* the software being used on the server. This profile should also be used
* if you require GCC 4.1 or Glibc 2.4 support. If you don't know if this
* applies to you, then it doesn't and you should probably be using
* Hardened, instead.
* Determining the location of the kernel source code
* Found kernel source directory:
* Found kernel object directory:
* Found sources for kernel version:
* Checking for suitable kernel configuration options...
* ipw3945-1.2.0 requires support for Generic IEEE 802.11 Networking Stack (CONFIG_IEEE80211).
* CONFIG_IEEE80211_CRYPT_CCMP: is not set when it should be.
* CONFIG_IEEE80211_CRYPT_TKIP: is not set when it should be.
* Please check to make sure these options are set correctly.
* Failure to do so may cause unexpected problems.
* Once you have satisfied these options, please try merging
* this package again.
!!! ERROR: net-wireless/ipw3945-1.2.0 failed.
ebuild.sh, line 1648: Called dyn_setup
ebuild.sh, line 714: Called qa_call 'pkg_setup'
ebuild.sh, line 44: Called pkg_setup
ipw3945-1.2.0.ebuild, line 43: Called linux-mod_pkg_setup
linux-mod.eclass, line 465: Called linux-info_pkg_setup
linux-info.eclass, line 576: Called check_extra_config
linux-info.eclass, line 475: Called die
!!! Incorrect kernel configuration options
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
!!! A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/net-wireless/ipw3945-1.2.0/temp/build.log'.
After trying this method, I tried to install the ipw3845 driver but wasnt able to do it, i follow step by step the instruction in the INSTALL file but still nothing appeared in iwconfig.
if anyone could help me, thanks.