ATI radeon 9250 crashes udev during boot

Issues Related to Hardware (Sound, Video, Printers, Scanners, Webcams, Touchpads, Keyboards, Sensors, Drives, GRUB, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators

ATI radeon 9250 crashes udev during boot

Postby araver » Sat Dec 08, 2007 18:19

I have a dell 4500s p4 with a radeon 9250. I recently loaded sabayon 3.4 onto my computer and instaled my graphics card. when i booted the machine up and hit alt-f1 to go to verbose mode i notice that udev Just freezes when it goes to load my radeon 9250. I can take my card out and everthing works fine.I have also tried to load new drivers for my video card in linux off of ati's website but the drivers they have wont work with xorg 1.3 which is what i have on my installation.

Is there some way to change a conf file to work around this, or some other secret vodoo that i have to do to get my card to work? :x
araver
Baby Hen

Re: ATI radeon 9250 crashes udev during boot

Postby araver » Mon Dec 10, 2007 0:33

ok i went and baught a nvidia 6200 video card and tried to boot linux with that card but i still get the same error. I am now starting to think that the problem is that my onboard video is fighting with linux or linux just doesnt like my pci arcitecure. I have a dell and it uses the funny style of pci where u put a card in the motherboard and the card has all the pci slots in it.

I can use my modem on the same pci card as my video card though. so i have no idea what is wrong... some help would greatly be a priciated.
araver
Baby Hen

Return to Hardware