volume low

Issues Related to Hardware (Sound, Video, Printers, Scanners, Webcams, Touchpads, Keyboards, Sensors, Drives, GRUB, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators

volume low

Postby eponalank » Wed Sep 19, 2007 21:07

hi
i recently installed 3.4f .. and the sound is quite low .. it works but it's very low ... it tried using the increase volume command ... doesnt do much

any suggestions?

francesco
eponalank
Young Hen

Re: volume low

Postby wolfden » Wed Sep 19, 2007 22:16

what sound card? what hardware?

Try using kmix or alsamixer to set volume??
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby eponalank » Fri Sep 21, 2007 21:37

sound card:

SigmaTel Audio,

Devide ID = HDAUDIO/FUNC_01VEN_8384DEV_7680SUSBSYS_1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
eponalank
Young Hen

Postby kwagga » Sat Sep 22, 2007 14:54

eponalank, I experienced the same bug earlier today, but I seem to have found a work around, when installing Sabayon, select all the available packages, except the 'advanced games'..... installing it in this manner, seems to just do something, to make the sound work at the correct volume....

BTW I also have the SigmaTel HDA onboard audio chipset...

I hope this works for you. I installed my Sabayon using the x64 version, using the 32bit version doesnt work.

Hope you come right..... the way I found may not be up to Power User or IT Geek level, but it seems to work, I have tried it on several PC's now.....

Lemme know! :)

Cheers
kwagga
Baby Hen

Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby smardy » Fri Jul 04, 2008 23:24

I just reinstalled 3.5 after running with 3.5 r3 for ages without the problem! Now suddenly I need ears like a bat? with the volume on amarok etc up to 100% and my volume control on full, I can hear it but not across the room.
I've been in control center and it's got nothing for me. Any ideas?
I did install all the games but I'd hate to have to reinstall without them then put them in later, just to be able to hear something.
everything is quiet, I thought there was something wrong when I couldn't hear the pianist at the beginning.
please help :cry:

[solved] for me at least.. :mrgreen:
followed merlin7777 suggestion http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=10325&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
smardy
Simple Hen

Postby blacksamlou » Wed Jul 09, 2008 14:39

Hi,

I just got the solution on KDE, just go under Application >> Multimedia >> Volume Control and change the settings there.

Regards,
blacksamlou
Baby Hen

Return to Hardware