Creative USB MP3 player

Issues Related to Hardware (Sound, Video, Printers, Scanners, Webcams, Touchpads, Keyboards, Sensors, Drives, GRUB, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Creative USB MP3 player

Postby dunsurfin » Wed Jan 23, 2008 17:44

holastickboy wrote:That's ashame mate, what's even worse is creative's attitude about it, they think its obsolete and dont touch them anymore. Great player for its time though, much more reliable then the Ipods at the time (though Ipods are now quite stable)

I think we may be talking about different machines here :) The zen I have was bought just a few months ago (8GB USB flash memory player - credit card size). I do have an older zen HD jukebox that works happily with Sabayon but it's battery is long gone and it's the size of one of the old portable cassette players.
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Postby violagirl23 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:19

So even with the new lib-mtp mtpfs still will not work?
violagirl23
Baby Hen

Postby dunsurfin » Thu Jan 31, 2008 13:01

No, it won't detect it. As I said, I'm not prepared to spend a lot of time on it at the moment. I will try again when 3.5 is released and I reinstall my sytem. At the moment everything I need is working well (except for the zen) and I've finally broken myself of the upgrade habit (just for today!).
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Postby ioannidis007 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 19:31

I have a working Creative MuVo on Sabayon linux i386. If it doesn't work after plugging, try to find the drivers at the official site http://www.creative.com. There are many drivers for linux there and you will most likely find what you want. Some firmware and apps are also available.
"I am the man that will become the pirate king!" -Monkey D. Luffy
ioannidis007
Simple Hen

Postby dunsurfin » Fri Feb 01, 2008 22:58

Thank you for the suggestion. There are no Linux drivers available for my model.

dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Postby dunsurfin » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:41

As a postscript to this old thread I can confirm, with great pleasure, that my Creative Zen USB is now recognised and working with 3.5 x86-64 and the latest gnomad2 :)

dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Previous

Return to Hardware