atom baytrail cherrytrail and apollo lake support

Issues Related to Hardware (Sound, Video, Printers, Scanners, Webcams, Touchpads, Keyboards, Sensors, Drives, GRUB, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators

atom baytrail cherrytrail and apollo lake support

Postby Pepillo » Sun Sep 17, 2017 13:16

Hello.
I've been using SB from las 10 years or so, and I have some devices not directly supported by this awesome distro. I've been informed that from 4.12 kernel some of the HW that usually comes with this platform are supported (mainly Sound, Wifi and BT, also some power managemet as apx288) but the drivers seems not to be compiled.
Is there any possibility to be included in the next iso's compiled by default?

Thanks a lot
Pepillo
Young Hen

Re: atom baytrail cherrytrail and apollo lake support

Postby svantoviit » Sun Sep 17, 2017 16:51

You would be probably better off with yocto or wind river targeted at such embedded systems. Correct me if I'm wrong.

As for the "drivers", have you checked if they are available as modules maybe but not loaded by default? Here some hints:
Code: Select all
# find /lib64/modules/$(uname -r) -type f -name \*.ko
# lsmod
svantoviit
Old Dear Hen

Re: atom baytrail cherrytrail and apollo lake support

Postby Pepillo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:42

Thanks for your answer svantoviit, but not so embedded systems ;-), I have several tablets chuwi v89, chuwi vx8, chuwi hi8 chuwi hi12, and a light laptop ezbook 3 pro, that use this platforms.
I've tested linuxiums iso's in these devices and works great, but I prefer Sabayon over ubuntu based distros. And regarding drivers, these drivers are on 4.12 kernels but not selected on default .config in sabayon/gentoo (I guess).
rtl8723bs is not set, rt5645 is set but not loaded (maybe lack of https://github.com/plbossart/UCM/archive/master.zip) axp288 is set and loaded (works).
I know that probably I can install sources and configure the kernel my own but I'm not confident with this.
Pepillo
Young Hen

Return to Hardware