How to use additional keys on a gaming keyboard in Plasma?

Issues Related to Hardware (Sound, Video, Printers, Scanners, Webcams, Touchpads, Keyboards, Sensors, Drives, GRUB, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators

How to use additional keys on a gaming keyboard in Plasma?

Postby linuxfluesterer » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:31

Hallo guys.
I bought a new keyboard for my pizzabox computer, exactly a HP 'Omen' gaming keyboard with steel series. The reason were the lightened keys and also the additional keys on the board. My problem is, that those additional keys don't send any controls, any key sequence to my Plasma DE (5.9.4). I have tried different programs like xev or showkey, which only show reaction for standard keys incl. sound and funktion keys, but not for any additional 'M' key, as there should be at least 88 variants of.

I haven't found anything about handling such keyboards in Google's world. I have changed the keyboard layout in system settings to several possibilities, but no one leads to a reaction of any additional key.
So my question: Is there anybody who has experience, any idea, how to handle such a keyboard with additional keys?

Thank you in advance.

Linuxfluesterer (I love KDE ...)

p.s. here's a link to the product: http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-omen-keyboard-with-steelseries
Take away Facebook from me and let there be real people again...
linuxfluesterer
Old Dear Hen

Return to Hardware