Rescue Kuroo

Anything that pertains to Portage

Moderator: Moderators

Necoro
Advanced Hen

Post by Necoro » Fri Jun 01, 2007 21:44

chickpea wrote:Yeah I updated the layman, deleted and readded the sunrise overlay, but Portato only shows up on the portato overlay on my system for some reason. :?
With other words: You have both overlays installed at the same time? - Then portage will chose one overlay to show you for the package "app-portage/portato".
BTW, every chance I get I totally pump your app, it's the greatest thing to hit portage in a long time. :D
Thanks ^^ ... the positive comments I got here at Sabayon are really a great motivation. :)

Just one remark: If you encounter a bug - or want a feature. Please tell me - (best via the Tracker at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=172115). Especially the Qt-frontend is not really tested by me and thus not really bugfree.

chickpea
Sagely Hen

Post by chickpea » Fri Jun 01, 2007 23:16

Necoro wrote:
chickpea wrote:Yeah I updated the layman, deleted and readded the sunrise overlay, but Portato only shows up on the portato overlay on my system for some reason. :?
With other words: You have both overlays installed at the same time? - Then portage will chose one overlay to show you for the package "app-portage/portato".
Ahh haaa! so if I ditch the portato overlay I will see portato through the sunrise overlay? Got it. :salut: :roll:

chickpea
Sagely Hen

Post by chickpea » Fri Jun 01, 2007 23:32

nope. still no portato in the sunrise overlay after doing a

Code: Select all

layman -d portato

layman -S

update-eix
I still can't see portato through eix or if I do an emerge -pv portato

strange.

chickpea
Sagely Hen

Post by chickpea » Fri Jun 01, 2007 23:51

I was having the make.conf problems that others were experiencing. For whatever reason it wasn't a problem for me until now. I followed Wolfden's suggestions and now I have portato through the sunrise overlay. :)