Rescue Kuroo

Anything that pertains to Portage

Moderator: Moderators

sabayonewbee
Baby Hen

Rescue Kuroo

Post by sabayonewbee » Wed May 30, 2007 22:37

after updates Kuroo crashes when launched :(

how can i recover it with superuser konsole?

tnx

WarraWarra
Sagely Hen

Post by WarraWarra » Wed May 30, 2007 23:16

I have had same problem.
There is a cache folder with kuroo in it and rm this kuroo / cache folder does the trick.

Not sure but think it is in /var/cache/kuroo del kuroo from cache folder and start kuroo up again.

Hope this helps.

sabayonewbee
Baby Hen

Post by sabayonewbee » Thu May 31, 2007 0:12

sems it works :D

tnx a lot Warra :wink:

chickpea
Sagely Hen

Post by chickpea » Thu May 31, 2007 16:50

For posterity's sake . . . MANY here at SL HATE Kuroo and how it handles package management. It just is buggy and often fails. Try installing the new package manager portato. you can get it by adding the overlay called "portato". Just

Code: Select all

layman -a sunrise
Then you should be able to emerge portato (you can use the SVN version "9999", but I would advise sticking with the 0.7.3 version). Portato is MARKEDLY better and easier to use/understand than Kuroo.

Cheers

EDIT:

See this thread http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/viewt ... ht=portato

Also portato uses eix, which is a virtual MUST HAVE for portage search function.

sabayonewbee
Baby Hen

Post by sabayonewbee » Thu May 31, 2007 17:23

tnx, installed the 0.7.3 :D

now i'm finishing some work with kuroo than I'll give it a test :wink:

is there any localisation file for it?

sabayonewbee
Baby Hen

Post by sabayonewbee » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:23

Wow, Portato seems fantastic....

TNX :D

Necoro
Advanced Hen

Post by Necoro » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:02

chickpea wrote:Also portato uses eix.
Nope - it doesn't ;) (but eix is a MUST HAVE never the less :))

Localisation: Nope - there isn't any yet ... this will be done, if the program itself is stable.

Thanks for the ad :D

chickpea
Sagely Hen

Post by chickpea » Fri Jun 01, 2007 16:37

@Necoro

Thought search functionality through portato was through eix? At least that was what was indicated in the thread.

Someone changed the overlay I pointed to in my code to sunrise and not portato. While I understand that portato was added to the sunrise overlay, I have never been able to emerge portato through the sunrise overlay only the portato overlay. Maybe my stoopidity getting in the way :lol: . Anywho, I have been emerging out of the portato overlay. So anyone who encounters the same problem as I have, just add the portato overlay and emerge the last stable version not the SVN version (unless that is you want to try the SVN version). :D

Necoro
Advanced Hen

Post by Necoro » Fri Jun 01, 2007 18:28

chickpea wrote:Thought search functionality through portato was through eix? At least that was what was indicated in the thread.
Yeah - wolfden wrote something with eix ... Dunno why. But Portato uses the internal portage API and no external tools.
Someone changed the overlay I pointed to in my code to sunrise and not portato. While I understand that portato was added to the sunrise overlay, I have never been able to emerge portato through the sunrise overlay only the portato overlay.
Hmm ... tried to do a

Code: Select all

layman -s sunrise
?

chickpea
Sagely Hen

Post by chickpea » Fri Jun 01, 2007 21:35

@ Necoro

Yeah I updated the layman, deleted and readded the sunrise overlay, but Portato only shows up on the portato overlay on my system for some reason. :?

BTW, every chance I get I totally pump your app, it's the greatest thing to hit portage in a long time. :D