To bring some more structure in the releases and avoid having major bugs in them, I release a pre-version of the coming 0.8.5-release. This is only committed to the normal portato-overlay (so: not sunrise) - and I ask all interested guys here to get it and see whether there are any bugs
Q: Hell ya - the last release is no 2 weeks old. Why a new one.
A: I had some time in the last few days
Changes to 0.8.1 (please do not beat if I repeat myself from other posts
- added an uncaught exception dialog
- new threading model for the emerge process no more stuck processes (at least I hope)
- added splash screen
- added notifies if you set the libnotify flag you get a small popup when emerge has finished (or failed)
- portato now starts as normal user - and then relaunches with asking for the root password. This has the advantage, that your browser starts in the user's context and not root's. If you want portato to not ask for the password - use "portato -L"
- now showing differences between "installed" and "enabled" useflags
- improved terminal no more "click into the terminal when you started another emerge" - should fix some hangups too