way to build "exactly" what is sabayon installs? [Solved]

Anything that pertains to Portage

Moderator: Moderators

way to build "exactly" what is sabayon installs? [Solved]

Postby anomaly65 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:40

Hey guys,

Looking for the alternative/addition to wolfden's painless upgrade. (should be painless for my server, but ain't quite happy with the desktop.....) to recompile exactly the packages that are installed with sabayon?

thx,
andy
--
Use handrails on stairs. A nasty fall face first changes your point of view quickly, and mine permanently :-)
anomaly65
Technological Hen

Re: any good way to build "exactly" what is sabayon installs?

Postby deadfool » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:44

you mean like emerge -euN world? it wont be exactly the same if you changed the use flags but will keep the same world
deadfool
Growing Hen

Re: any good way to build "exactly" what is sabayon installs?

Postby anomaly65 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 15:28

Cool. Will give it a shot.

I've changed the compiler flags (and can toss in a few use flags too). Mainly for NAS server, that also runs mediatomb (uPnP media center). I need every last bit of go out of that box when doing live transcoding. (I despise doing it, but the procs are already running, so might as well use them).

Same for desktop. Built new one (dual core athlon x2 2.5Ghz energy efficient model) and it doesn't seem that much peppier than my old setup. But, it's lumping along at 1Ghz most of the time, so not such a fair comparison. Would just like to get the "usermarks" (how fast it feels) up a bit. Ricing gentoo as they say:-)

Cheers,
andy
--
Use handrails on stairs. A nasty fall face first changes your point of view quickly, and mine permanently :-)
anomaly65
Technological Hen

Return to Portage|Emerge Package Managers