Comments on Portato 0.10

Anything that pertains to Portage

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Comments on Portato 0.10

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Sat May 10, 2008 19:03

Another suggested improvement: The lower left hand corner of the Portato window contains the description, homepage etc. of the package selected in the Packages and Versions columns. There is a blue plus sign, a blue minus sign and a yellow left-pointing arrow. If I hover my mouse pointer over the plus sign the text "Install onto system" appears. If I hover my mouse pointer over the minus sign the text "Uninstall from system" appears. However, if I hover my mouse over the yellow arrow, no text appears. What is the yellow arrow supposed to do? I think it would be useful if you also made some descriptive text appear when one hovers the mouse pointer over the yellow arrow.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby Necoro » Mon May 12, 2008 22:43

"Oneshot" is easy: Add the package to the queue (as normal) - then right click on it and chose "oneshot".
The yellow arrow means "revert" - i.e. reverting all the changes you made to this package (toggled useflags, (un)masking...)
Necoro
Advanced Hen

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Mon May 26, 2008 18:52

Would it be possible for you to add a global tickbox for oneshot to the next version of Portato? I keep forgetting to do it per package in Portato and end up having to edit my world file. I think it would be useful to have an easily-visible global tickbox for oneshot like the one that Kuroo has.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby Necoro » Mon May 26, 2008 21:45

Adding checkboxes isn't hard per se - but I have to see where it fits :). If you are using this feature for upgrading packages, have a look at the "Updatable Packages" menu item. Packages you install over this dialog are marked as "oneshot" automatically.
Necoro
Advanced Hen

Postby hunt_mat » Thu Jun 19, 2008 18:42

I can't even get portato 0.10 to run!! I get this error message:

1] 698
localhost ~ # * Starting Portato v. 0.10 (portato:65)
* Listener has not been started. (plistener.py:88)
* Setting Portage System (__init__.py:59)
* Setting Portage System (__init__.py:59)
* Plugin '/usr/share/portato/plugins/notify.xml' loaded. (plugin.py:397)
* Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/portato", line 97, in <module>
main()
File "/usr/bin/portato", line 72, in main
run()
File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/portato/gui/__init__.py", line 25, in run
m = MainWindow(s)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/portato/gui/windows/main.py", line 753, in __init__
self.build_terminal()
File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/portato/gui/windows/main.py", line 834, in build_terminal
self.console.set_font_from_string(self.cfg.get("consolefont", "GUI"))
File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/portato/config_parser.py", line 324, in get
return self._access(key, section).value
File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/portato/config_parser.py", line 300, in _access
raise KeyNotFoundException("Key '%s' not found in section '%s' in file '%s'." % (key, section, self.file))
KeyNotFoundException: "Key 'consolefont' not found in section 'GUI' in file '/etc/portato/portato.cfg'."

Portato version: 0.10
Used backend: Portage 2.1.5_rc1
pygtk: 2.12.1 (using GTK+: 2.12.8)
pygobject: 2.14.1 (using GLib: 2.16.2)
lxml: 1.3.6.0
(exception_handling.py:143)

[1]+ Exit 1 portato

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Mat
hunt_mat
Growing Hen

Postby Necoro » Thu Jun 19, 2008 18:55

Obviously you haven't updated the portato config file using etc-update (or alike)
Necoro
Advanced Hen

Previous

Return to Portage|Emerge Package Managers