Kuroo won't complete emerge

Anything that pertains to Portage

Moderator: Moderators

Kuroo won't complete emerge

Postby cyrwyn » Sun Oct 28, 2007 0:53

I'm using mini 3.4 x86_64. I emerged kuroo pre_2007, which wouldn't complete emerges. I thought because it was not stable that might be the problem, so I removed it and emerged 0.81.rc1. I still have the same problem. It will download the package source, then nothing. I'm not always getting any errors when running it from konsole. However, on a refresh I get thousands of these:

kuroo: ERROR: Scanning installed packages. Reading: /usr/portage/xfce-extra/xfce4-diskperf/files/digest-xfce4-diskperf-2.1.0 ( [Info ScanPortageJob::scanInfo(const QString&, const QString&, const QString&, const QString&)] Line: 516 )

and:

kuroo: WARNING: sqlite3_compile error: near "' Petteri Räty <[email protected]> (01 Jul 2007)<br> Upstream describes this as:<br> Buggy and unmaintained D-BUS service browser for KDE.<br> Seems to segmentation fault on me on startup with current<br> dbus. Removal in 30 days unless someone else takes this<br> package and fixes the problems.'": syntax error on insert: INSERT INTO packageHardMask_temp (idPackage, dependAtom, comment) VALUES ('6680', 'kde-misc/kdbus', ' Petteri Räty <[email protected]> (01 Jul 2007)<br> Upstream describes this as:<br> Buggy and unmaintained D-BUS service browser for KDE.<br> Seems to segmentation fault on me on startup with current<br> dbus. Removal in 30 days unless someone else takes this<br> package and fixes the problems.'); ( [virtual int SqliteConnection::insert(const QString&)] Line: 1233 )

sqlite-3.4.1 is installed.

And finally:

kuroo: WARNING: Parsing package.mask. Can not find id in database for package sys-apps/testing. ( [virtual bool LoadPackageHardMaskJob::doJob()] Line: 306 )
kuroo: WARNING: Parsing package.mask. Can not find id in database for package sys-apps/testing. ( [virtual bool LoadPackageHardMaskJob::doJob()] Line: 306 )
kuroo: WARNING: Job aborted: DBJob ( [virtual bool ThreadWeaver::event(QEvent*)] Line: 142 )
kuroo: WARNING: Scanning updates. No update package found ( [virtual bool ScanUpdatesJob::doJob()] Line: 72 )
kuroo: WARNING: You can't set steps to 0! ( [void ThreadWeaver::Job::setProgressTotalSteps(uint)] Line: 261 )
kuroo: WARNING: You can't set steps to 0! ( [void ThreadWeaver::Job::setProgressTotalSteps(uint)] Line: 261 )
cyrwyn
Young Hen

Re: Kuroo won't complete emerge

Postby wolfden » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:23

why are you using kuroo? - it's dead in the water

http://wiki.sabayonlinux.org/index.php? ... l_packages
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Sun Oct 28, 2007 19:24

Kuroo 0.81_rc1, released on 31 August 2007, works fine for me.

http://kuroo.org/

I have just seen the Kuroo team released a Portage browser "with fast search á la Firefox" called Kuroolito on 10 September 2007. I'll have to check it out.

Anyway, try:

Code: Select all
# rm -Rf /var/cache/kuroo
# kuroo
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby Necoro » Thu Nov 01, 2007 18:58

Fitzcarraldo wrote:I have just seen the Kuroo team released a Portage browser "with fast search á la Firefox" called Kuroolito on 10 September 2007. I'll have to check it out.

That is actually not a big deal ;P ... they make you use the sqlite backend of portage (i.e. portage itself is then as fast as e.g. eix) - so not kuroolito is the big thing, but the sqlite backend of portage ;)

/edit: himerge uses (afaik) eix as backend, so it is very fast too
Necoro
Advanced Hen

Return to Portage|Emerge Package Managers