I am getting ready to run the world update and I have a blocked package problem that I can't figure out how to solve.
<media-libs/openexr-1.5.0 (is blocking media-libs/ilmbase-1.0.0)
I looked in google and it appears that when openexr went from 1.4 to 1.5 they split the ilmbase into 4 files. I don't know whether I should emerge -C ilmbase or what I should do with this one. There does not seem to be a solution found other than some paludis codes that I don't know.
I am installing the new mini 3.4 onto an Athlon XP 3000+ using the 32 bit version. I got the rest of the blocked packages resolved except this one. I not that the last 2 ebuilds listed when I did a -up world are:
media-libs/openexr-1.6.0 [1.4.0a] as an update ebuild
media=libs/ilmbase-1.0.0 as a new ebuild
and these were the ones bracketing where the the ilm libraries were split up. That is why I cannot figure out if I need to delete one of them or delete the old openexr and let it build new or just what is required.