New install package

Anything that pertains to Portage

Moderator: Moderators

Re: New install package

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Tue Sep 25, 2007 15:54

Necoro wrote:
timboellis wrote:I tried kuroo through Portato and clicked ebuild then clicked okay then I could not find it any help please

I should add a "Give me the Newbe Button Labels" Option ^^ ...

But just for the records:

- "Ebuild" opens you ... yes ... ehm ... the ebuild
- To actually emerge it you need to click the ... ehm ... yeah ... "Emerge" Button (ok - you need to click it twice: once in the package which adds it to the queue, calculating dependencies - and then again in the queue to actually launch emerge it)

Suggestion: change the name of the first button to "Add to Queue". Would be more intuitive that way, perhaps?
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby timboellis » Tue Sep 25, 2007 15:56

Thansk for the help Karoo makes a lot more sense to me
timboellis
Simple Hen

Postby Necoro » Tue Sep 25, 2007 16:07

Fitzcarraldo wrote:Apologies for deviating off topic, but when using Portato I find that the green circular 'LED' beside the package name-version under the Package tab stays where it is after emerging a later version of the package. I have to 'refresh' Portato manually (either exit and re-launch Portato, or click on the later package version) to get the green indicator to move to the latest version installed. Would it be possible to get Portato to do this automatically? Thanks, Necoro.

You can use the "Revert" Button --- it reloads the current package page (and reverts non-saved changes --- but this should be no problem after finishing installing, as the changes are saved then =)). Reloading automatically should be possible though, I think ...

The "Add to Queue" would be clear at the first thought ... but how to differentiatie between "Emerge" and "Unmerge" as they both add to a queue ;)
Necoro
Advanced Hen

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Tue Sep 25, 2007 16:13

Necoro wrote: Reloading automatically should be possible though, I think ...

would be sweet!

Necoro wrote:The "Add to Queue" would be clear at the first thought ... but how to differentiatie between "Emerge" and "Unmerge" as they both add to a queue ;)

"Queue for Emerge" and "Queue for Unmerge"?
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:34

I emerged the latest version of Portato and see you have changed the buttons along the lines I suggested, Necoro. Makes it more intuitive -- thanks!
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby Aiki » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:21

Wow great packet KUROO :thumleft:
install - http://kuroo.org/installation.html
Aiki
Baby Hen

Previous

Return to Portage|Emerge Package Managers