My favourite panel vanished :(

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

My favourite panel vanished :(

Postby iShaun » Sat Jun 30, 2007 14:21

Hey guys,
I installed Sabayon a couple of days ago, I have all my personal files contained on it now and have everything set up how I like. However, I recently made a right click on the Sabayon menu button and switched to 'KDE' menu style because I wasn't too fond of the Suse like layout of it.
However, it's made the panel at the very top, the small one with my networking/beryl/volume controls vanish. It was very useful, because it contained my clock and everything I needed conveniently at the top out of the way.
How do I get it back? I tried playing with default settings and other things within the center and I've had just, no luck.
Thanks for developing a wicked distro and thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

Yeah, this is really annoying me now, because when I used to open Kopete, it would minimize to that panel and I could control it from there, now... it vanishes and there's no way for me to access it ;-;
iShaun
Baby Hen

Postby iShaun » Sat Jun 30, 2007 19:51

After requesting help several times on the IRC (and having people talk around me) and having my laptop sit as an ornament all day due to this, I decided it's probably best if I stick with Windows xp.
Thanks guys.
iShaun
Baby Hen

Re: My favourite panel vanished :(

Postby erik » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:07

There are other threads about panel issues, which are not hard to find, but if it happens to pose a challenge you can pay 100$ for your XP costumer support, where they point you to the link instead of you searching for it!

As you are not paying anyone in Sabayon (I assume) they can't (I assume, as I don't work for them) always find the time to explain how to add a panel, or an icon, or a desktop shortcut... =)

The panel can be easily created again by simply RIGHT CLICKING on the bottom panel, and choosing the ADD NEW PANEL option. Sorry I didn't see your thread earlier, but, I'm not getting payed aether. :)
erik
Baby Hen

Re: My favourite panel vanished :(

Postby wolfden » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:15

Dude, stop replying to old threads
wolfden
Sharecropper

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers