Can't update Breeze-icons-5.24.0 [Solved]

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

gallienus
Growing Hen

Can't update Breeze-icons-5.24.0 [Solved]

Post by gallienus » Thu Jul 21, 2016 22:31

Edit: This problem has been solved

A few weeks ago I decided to try out Kde Plasma to see how kde has changed. It has been running fine and I like it but I've run into a problem with the latest updates. During the last update everything updated as it should except for one package, breeze-icons-5.24.0. I tried to update it a few times and I always get the same error in Rigo;

Code: Select all

!!! Failed to move /var/tmp/entropy/kde-frameworks/breeze-icons-5.24.0/V1KcOd/image/usr/share/icons/breeze/categories/32/applications-office.svg to /usr/share/icons/breeze/categories/32/applications-office.svg
!!! OSError(5, 'Input/output error')
☛   !!! QA: file move error: /var/tmp/entropy/kde-frameworks/breeze-icons-5.24.0/V1KcOd/image/usr/share/icons/breeze/categories/32/applications-office.svg => /usr/share/icons/breeze/categories/32/applications-office.svg, please report
☢     ## An error occurred while trying to install the package. Check if your system is healthy. Error: 4
☢     ## An error occurred. Action aborted.
As far as I can tell my system is healthy, no strange crashes no freezing, I routinely let my computer run for weeks on end without a reboot. Is there anything short of a complete uninstall and reinstall of plasma that I can do?

TIA
Gall
Last edited by gallienus on Fri Jul 22, 2016 16:58, edited 1 time in total.

albfneto
Sagely Hen

Re: Can't update Breeze-icons-5.24.0

Post by albfneto » Thu Jul 21, 2016 23:50

The method that you used? "normal" equo command?

# equo i breeze-icons
ALBERTO FEDERMAN NETO
albfneto
[email protected]
Favorite Distros: Sabayon, Gentoo, Mageia and OpenSUSE

sabayonino
Sagely Hen

Post by sabayonino » Fri Jul 22, 2016 0:14

OSError(5, 'Input/output error')
HDD error or filesystem corrupted. :?: :?: :?:

gallienus
Growing Hen

Post by gallienus » Fri Jul 22, 2016 16:56

To answer Alberto's question first yes just a basic.

sudo equo install breeze-icons-5.24.0
I'm embarrassed to admit the problem was as simple as a corrupted file system. Thank you sabayonino for suggesting that possibility. I used systemrescue cd and ran fsck.ext4 /dev/sda1 and it found quite a few errors and fixed them. I always shut down my system properly and it seemed to be running fine so a corrupted file system never occurred to me. Thank you both for responding to my post so quickly.

Gall