Plasma 5 upgrade preventing normal resolution

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Iliodor
Baby Hen

Plasma 5 upgrade preventing normal resolution

Post by Iliodor » Wed Sep 16, 2015 21:11

So I did the upgrade and no big problems, but the resolution is way off. Nvidia-settings still shows it as using 1920x1080 as does the display settings in KDE but there's no way that's right, everything is huge now even though it's already at the highest resolution possible in any setting. Here's a screenshot to give you some idea of what I mean.

here is a menu example

Many menus take up the whole screen. I can adjust the font to fix it somewhat but it is not a perfect solution, would love to know what if anything I can do to get it back the way it was.

Iliodor
Baby Hen

Re: Plasma 5 upgrade preventing normal resolution

Post by Iliodor » Thu Sep 17, 2015 14:13

Web based video players are one of the worst examples, much of a full screen interface is obscured when using flash, html5 and so on. Despite this screenshot being 1080p on a 55" tv, everything is so large that the video title is unreadable. In this screenshot the font is literally a foot tall on my display, with no way to make it smaller.

EDIT: also showing a segfault crash when attempting to fix it by opening settings for window decorations. systemsettings>application style>window decorations. Crashes every time just opening this. Is it just me or does this happen to everyone using it?

TL;DR: plasma 5 does not seem production ready.