Gnome 3.12 delay problem

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Gnome 3.12 delay problem

Postby coffeemaker » Sun Jun 15, 2014 20:51

Hi everyone,

I have got a bit of problem with Gnome 3. It's not that serious, but a bit annoying.
Symptom:
1. When I go to overview mode, after the first mouse click, the "whole system hangs", meaning everything acts like the system is frozen, but after one click, everything works again, as it supposed to. The same with keyboard keys.
2. Starting the Files fist time, when I click on a Bookmark, like Videos, nothing happens. Clicking it about 5 times, everything goes back to normal.
3. When I hit the Shutdown icon in the right corner, my background disappears. When I hit it again, it works as it should.

I first had these problems after upgrading from Gnome 3.10.x to Gnome 3.12.1. I thought lets wait for Gnome 3.12.2, which came today, but I still have these problems.

I've tried to disable all my extensions, still the same, tried to look for some error message in gnome-shell log, nothing, tried to find this "bug" on the internet, nothing.

I made this comment to find people having the same problem, or of course find some solution : )
If no usable reply, I will try to reinstall my whole sabayon system.
It would be a shame, because I've been running it for more than a year! And I love it, no other significant problem so far!

I love Sabayon!

One more thing: Sabayon is one of the best and up to date Gnome 3 system around, it should receive more credit and more attention for it! Also, even though Gnome 3 is not really a Gentoo thing, Sabayon team should put more effort advertising it's Gnome 3 features!
coffeemaker
Baby Hen

Re: Gnome 3.12 delay problem

Postby exploder99 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 21:27

I have only been running Sabayon Gnome for about a month and am not seeing the problem you are having on my machine. You might try opening a terminal, typing su, enter your root password and use this command and see if it helps.

Code: Select all
equo conf update && equo cache clean && equo cleanup

One more thing: Sabayon is one of the best and up to date Gnome 3 system around, it should receive more credit and more attention for it! Also, even though Gnome 3 is not really a Gentoo thing, Sabayon team should put more effort advertising it's Gnome 3 features!

Couldn't agree more! :)
exploder99
Young Hen

Re: Gnome 3.12 delay problem

Postby coffeemaker » Mon Jun 16, 2014 21:41

Thanks very much for reply, but it didn't solve the problem. All my packages and config files seem to be fine.
coffeemaker
Baby Hen

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers