Also having problems with hibernate in Xfce

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Also having problems with hibernate in Xfce

Postby JohnBuell » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:28

Like a couple of the other posts that I've read, the hibernate command seems to have quit working after the last couple of rounds of updates. I noticed there was a quick fix for KDE, so I'm hoping there's something similar for Xfce? When I attempt to issue the hibernate command, it basically just does a log off. Sometimes I can Ctrl-Alt-F(n) to another window, log in again and do 'sudo shutdown -h now' or 'sudo reboot', but that doesn't always work consistently. There have been times I do the Ctrl-Alt-F(n) combination and I cannot log back in at all.

If someone wouldn't mind telling me which logs I should be looking for and quoting, I'll reply in another post. I'm running the latest 3.9 kernel, just updated this morning (24 June). The system is an HP Compaq nx6110 laptop (Intel Celeron M CPU and 915 chipset).

Thanks in advance!

John
JohnBuell
Baby Hen

Re: Also having problems with hibernate in Xfce

Postby JohnBuell » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:56

I just wanted to add that it does the same thing when I try to tell it to shut down through the GUI. I have to switch to another terminal (if possible) and issue the shutdown command from a prompt.
JohnBuell
Baby Hen

Re: Also having problems with hibernate in Xfce

Postby JohnBuell » Fri Jul 05, 2013 16:17

Same results after this week's updates through equo. Trying to use the GUI in Xfce just kicks me back out to the log in screen, and so having had a session open already with Ctrl-Alt-F1, I went back to that and issued a shutdown command on the command line.
JohnBuell
Baby Hen

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers