Gnome 3 : Monitor not resuming after suspend [Solved]

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Gnome 3 : Monitor not resuming after suspend [Solved]

Postby chasha420 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:41

Hi guys, I have this problem with my new install of gnome 3 @new laptop where if I click on the power button (which is set to suspend by default) and then when I try to resume it (by clicking on the power button again)...the monitor doesn't turn on...but since the monitor is anti-glare proof (transparency) I can see that it brought me to the lock screen...meaning that it did actually wake up from suspended state but the monitor just didn't power on.

I dunno if I was able to explain it clearly...let me know perhaps I can try to explain it again Lol.

Please let me know if there's a solution to this or if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks.
Last edited by chasha420 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
chasha420
Technological Hen

Re: Gnome 3 : Monitor not resuming after being suspended

Postby linuxfluesterer » Mon Mar 25, 2013 13:46

I've had a similar problem as you can see here:
https://forum.sabayon.org/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=29449

Try to update your kernel to 3.8 to version 3.8.3, it was not really 100% perfect for me, but at least, it was better than with Kernel 3.8.2

Hope to help you...

-Linuxfluesterer (I love KDE ...)
Take away Facebook from me and let there be real people again...
linuxfluesterer
Old Dear Hen

Postby chasha420 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 17:49

Hey man thanks for the advice...but one thing I'm curious about is what exactly do u mean by "not really 100% perfect"?

It either works or does not, dunno what you were talking about...but I'm too afraid to try out newer kernel cos the last time I went through hell & xorg stopped working (partly cos I modified the boot config file related to video).
chasha420
Technological Hen

Postby chasha420 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 18:01

Hello guys...sorry for double post but good news is that after updating recently...the kernel probably got updated too...I mean a newer patch of the same version or something therefore now the suspend funtion works perfectly :)
chasha420
Technological Hen

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers