Gnome 3 : Monitor not resuming after suspend [Solved]

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Gnome 3 : Monitor not resuming after suspend [Solved]

Postby chasha420 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:41

Hi guys, I have this problem with my new install of gnome 3 @new laptop where if I click on the power button (which is set to suspend by default) and then when I try to resume it (by clicking on the power button again)...the monitor doesn't turn on...but since the monitor is anti-glare proof (transparency) I can see that it brought me to the lock screen...meaning that it did actually wake up from suspended state but the monitor just didn't power on.

I dunno if I was able to explain it clearly...let me know perhaps I can try to explain it again Lol.

Please let me know if there's a solution to this or if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks.
Last edited by chasha420 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
chasha420
Technological Hen

Re: Gnome 3 : Monitor not resuming after being suspended

Postby linuxfluesterer » Mon Mar 25, 2013 13:46

I've had a similar problem as you can see here:
https://forum.sabayon.org/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=29449

Try to update your kernel to 3.8 to version 3.8.3, it was not really 100% perfect for me, but at least, it was better than with Kernel 3.8.2

Hope to help you...

-Linuxfluesterer (I love KDE ...)
I really hope, that by the Brexit (poor Britain), TTIP will be finally prevented. But don't get tired to talk to your local politician to open eyes for danger to democracy because of TTIP
linuxfluesterer
Old Dear Hen

Postby chasha420 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 17:49

Hey man thanks for the advice...but one thing I'm curious about is what exactly do u mean by "not really 100% perfect"?

It either works or does not, dunno what you were talking about...but I'm too afraid to try out newer kernel cos the last time I went through hell & xorg stopped working (partly cos I modified the boot config file related to video).
chasha420
Technological Hen

Postby chasha420 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 18:01

Hello guys...sorry for double post but good news is that after updating recently...the kernel probably got updated too...I mean a newer patch of the same version or something therefore now the suspend funtion works perfectly :)
chasha420
Technological Hen

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers