KDE needs multiple reboots to start normally

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

joost
Sagely Hen

Re: KDE needs multiple reboots to start normally

Post by joost » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:56

Thanks, we will get it bumped in Entropy asap.

//edit
http://packages.sabayon.org/show/kdepla ... 5,standard
We actually have it, it will be in sabayon-weekly tomorrow.
My blog | Mastodon | Please support Sabayon: Become a Patron

aTan
Baby Hen

Post by aTan » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:03

It is possible that it isn't this bug, I don't have crashes but hangs. And I don't have GridLayout.

aTan
Baby Hen

Post by aTan » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:18

NotExcessive
Simple Hen

Post by NotExcessive » Sat Aug 13, 2011 17:32

Ah. In that case, I might wait for a system update before modifying anything else.

sedo_5
Growing Hen

Post by sedo_5 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 19:21

Hi everyone!
Same problem here!
Sorry for writing in this old post, but seriosly, this bug has really gone too far...it's incredibly annoying!
Even after all the upgrades until now, the problem persists, so I usually have to manually reboot my pc even 4-5 times before it boots normally...and another annoying issue i noticed is that ctrl+alt+backspace combo doesn't work anymore (I mean, it works, but kdm doesn't show up anymore...it just stucks at a blank 'terminal-style' window with the blue Sabayon theme on the background...but it's not going in the login window).

There's something I still don't get: is it a problem of Sabayon or a problem of KDE ? (or maybe a problem of KDE happening only on Sabayon...)

Hope this will be fixed soon! :(

Bye
Renzo

dhux
Baby Hen

Post by dhux » Wed Sep 21, 2011 22:33

I can report this behavior with KDE as well. I'm running SL on HP ProBook 4530s. Seems 3 to 4 reboots is about what it takes to get it up and running.

dhux

Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Post by Fitzcarraldo » Thu Sep 22, 2011 18:03

sedo_5 wrote:There's something I still don't get: is it a problem of Sabayon or a problem of KDE ? (or maybe a problem of KDE happening only on Sabayon...)
It can't be happening to every user of SL and KDE, otherwise the SL Forums would presumably have far more posts reporting the problem. So I suspect the problem is more subtle, and possibly also depends on specific hardware. I'm running KDE 4.7.1 and this problem does not happen to me (but then I'm not using any Entropy packages, so I can't know whether or not the problem is related to a specific package build). I would say your best bet now, if you haven't done it already, would be to use sabayonlive-tools (see Howto Gather Log Files Easily - Help Us to Help You) to produce all the log files, and then file a bug report with the output (see the link 'Bugs' at the top of this page).

sedo_5
Growing Hen

Post by sedo_5 » Wed May 30, 2012 11:34

Hi everyone!
Sorry to awake again this post, but I would like to share with you my experience!
I noticed that the problem doesn't show whenever I boot my system without the electric plug in, i.e. only with the battery (it's a laptop, dell xps15). This never happens!
Then, happens again when I have the cable plugged in! and, a couple of times it happened that kde crashed (it showed a peak on the ram monitor and then it became unusable and I had to ctrl+alt+backspace it, which had effect only after a big lag) plugging in the cable during a flawless startup with only the battery...
So, could this bug depend on the energy managment?
I hope someone sees this late post...

Thanks
Renzo

bahamutsfire
Young Hen

Post by bahamutsfire » Wed May 30, 2012 14:06

Hi sedo_5, i have the same problem. I can say plasma-desktop is freezing at some point. I also got no errors.

My workaround is to login in tty1 "killall plasma-desktop", then go back to xserver und start plasma-desktop with krunner(alt+F2).

Plasmadesktop stop between these lines:

Code: Select all

plasma-desktop(7475)/libplasma Plasma::isPluginVersionCompatible: unversioned plugin detected, may result in instability 
QGraphicsLinearLayout::removeAt: invalid index 1
Object::connect: No such signal QDBusAbstractInterface::Changed()

veromix icon installed
Outputting dbus-servie file
plasma-desktop(7499)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
[[email protected] ~]$ Kross: "Loading the interpreter library for qtscript" 
Kross: "Successfully loaded Interpreter instance from library." 
Veromix is a pythonplasmoid. Maybe python is the problem?

Update:

startkde: Starting up...
Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
kbuildsycoca4 running...
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildSycoca::recreate: Recreating ksycoca file ("/var/tmp/kdecache-firen/ksycoca4", version 205)
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::mergeFile: VFolderMenu::mergeFile: "/home/firen/.config/menus/applications-merged/wine-Programme-Mono 2.8.2 for Windows-MonoDoc Web.menu"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::mergeFile: VFolderMenu::mergeFile: "/home/firen/.config/menus/applications-merged/wine-Programme-Mono 2.8.2 for Windows-Applications-Prj2Make# GTK.menu"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::mergeFile: VFolderMenu::mergeFile: "/home/firen/.config/menus/applications-merged/wine-Programme-Mono 2.8.2 for Windows-Mono-2.8.2 Release Notes on the Web.menu"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::mergeFile: VFolderMenu::mergeFile: "/home/firen/.config/menus/applications-merged/wine-Programme-Mono 2.8.2 for Windows-Readme.menu"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::mergeFile: VFolderMenu::mergeFile: "/home/firen/.config/menus/applications-merged/wine-Programme-Mono 2.8.2 for Windows-Mono on the Web.menu"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::mergeFile: VFolderMenu::mergeFile: "/home/firen/.config/menus/applications-merged/wine-Programme-Mono 2.8.2 for Windows-Applications-Samples Directory.menu"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::mergeFile: VFolderMenu::mergeFile: "/home/firen/.config/menus/applications-merged/wine-Programme-Plasma Pong-Uninstall Plasma Pong.menu"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::mergeFile: VFolderMenu::mergeFile: "/home/firen/.config/menus/applications-merged/wine-Programme-Mono 2.8.2 for Windows-Gtk# on the Web.menu"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::mergeFile: VFolderMenu::mergeFile: "/home/firen/.config/menus/applications-merged/wine-Programme-Mono 2.8.2 for Windows-Applications-Sql# GTK.menu"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::mergeFile: VFolderMenu::mergeFile: "/home/firen/.config/menus/applications-merged/wine-Programme-Mono 2.8.2 for Windows-Applications-Gtk# Demo.menu"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::mergeFile: VFolderMenu::mergeFile: "/home/firen/.config/menus/applications-merged/wine-Programme-Mono 2.8.2 for Windows-Applications-Glade 3.menu"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::mergeFile: VFolderMenu::mergeFile: "/home/firen/.config/menus/applications-merged/wine-Programme-Mono 2.8.2 for Windows-XSP-XSP 2.0 Index Page.menu"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::mergeFile: VFolderMenu::mergeFile: "/home/firen/.config/menus/applications-merged/wine-Programme-Mono 2.8.2 for Windows-Applications-Gtk Theme Selector.menu"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::mergeFile: VFolderMenu::mergeFile: "/home/firen/.config/menus/applications-merged/wine-Programme-Mono 2.8.2 for Windows-XSP-XSP 2.0 Test Web Server.menu"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::mergeFile: VFolderMenu::mergeFile: "/home/firen/.config/menus/applications-merged/wine-Programme-Plasma Pong-Plasma Pong on the Web.menu"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::mergeFile: VFolderMenu::mergeFile: "/home/firen/.config/menus/applications-merged/wine-Programme-Mono 2.8.2 for Windows-Gtk+ on the Web.menu"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::mergeFile: VFolderMenu::mergeFile: "/home/firen/.config/menus/applications-merged/wine-Programme-Mono 2.8.2 for Windows-Uninstall Mono-2.8.2 Win32.menu"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::mergeFile: VFolderMenu::mergeFile: "/home/firen/.config/menus/applications-merged/wine-Programme-Plasma Pong-Plasma Pong.menu"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::mergeFile: VFolderMenu::mergeFile: "/home/firen/.config/menus/applications-merged/wine-Programme-Mono 2.8.2 for Windows-Mono-2.8.2 Command Prompt.menu"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::mergeFile: VFolderMenu::mergeFile: "/etc/xdg/menus/applications-merged/ggz.merge.menu"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::mergeFile: VFolderMenu::mergeFile: "/etc/xdg/menus/applications-merged/sabayon-sabayon.menu"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::mergeFile: VFolderMenu::mergeFile: "/etc/xdg/menus/ggz.menu"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) foldNode: "Directory" and "ggz.directory" requires combining!
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::mergeFile: VFolderMenu::mergeFile: "/home/firen/.config/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::processMenu: Processing KDE Legacy dirs for <KDE>
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::processKDELegacyDirs:
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::loadApplications: Looking up applications under "/usr/share/applications/"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry Categories in "/usr/share/applications/sulfur.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon). 
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry MimeType in "/usr/share/applications/sulfur.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon). 
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::loadApplications: Looking up applications under "/usr/share/applications/kde4"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry Categories in "/usr/share/applications/speedcrunch.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon). 
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry Categories in "/usr/share/applications/nvidia-settings.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon). 
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry Categories in "/usr/share/applications/google-earth.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon). 
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry MimeType in "/usr/share/applications/google-earth.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon). 
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry Categories in "/usr/share/applications/rigo.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon). 
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry MimeType in "/usr/share/applications/rigo.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon). 
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry Categories in "/usr/share/applications/razor-autosuspend.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon). 
kbuildsycoca4(6670)/kdecore (services) KServicePrivate::init: The desktop entry file  "/usr/share/applications/kde_x-sulfur.desktop"  has Type= "MimeType"  instead of "Application" or "Service" 

kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::createEntry: Invalid Service :  "/usr/share/applications/kde_x-sulfur.desktop" 
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry Categories in "/usr/share/applications/systemadm.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon). 
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::loadApplications: Looking up applications under "/usr/local/share/applications/"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::loadApplications: Looking up applications under "/home/firen/.local/share/applications/"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::loadApplications: Looking up applications under "/home/firen/.local/share/applications/wine"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::loadApplications: Looking up applications under "/home/firen/.local/share/applications/wine/Programme"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::loadApplications: Looking up applications under "/home/firen/.local/share/applications/wine/Programme/LispWorks 6.0 Personal"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::loadApplications: Looking up applications under "/home/firen/.local/share/applications/wine/Programme/LispWorks 6.0 Personal/PDF Documentation"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::loadApplications: Looking up applications under "/home/firen/.local/share/applications/wine/Programme/Plasma Pong"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) VFolderMenu::processMenu: Menu ".hidden" does not specify a directory file.
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "ServiceMenus/installfont.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "fonts/package"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "ark_part.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "application/lha"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "ark_part.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "application/maclha"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/share/applications/kde4/kdevelop.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "application/x-kdevelop"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/share/applications/kde4/kdevelop_ps.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "application/x-kdevelop"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "ServiceMenus/amarok_append.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "audio/*"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "kleopatra_decryptverifyfiles.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "applicaton/pkcs7-signature"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "ServiceMenus/ark_servicemenu.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "application/lha"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "ServiceMenus/ark_servicemenu.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "application/maclha"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "kerfuffle_clilha.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "application/lha"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "kerfuffle_clilha.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "application/maclha"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "phononbackends/gstreamer.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "video/x-quicktime"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "phononbackends/gstreamer.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "video/mkv"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "phononbackends/gstreamer.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "audio/aiff"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "phononbackends/gstreamer.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "audio/x-pn-aiff"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "phononbackends/gstreamer.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "audio/x-realaudio"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "phononbackends/gstreamer.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "audio/x-basic"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "phononbackends/gstreamer.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "audio/x-pn-au"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "phononbackends/gstreamer.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "audio/x-8svx"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "phononbackends/gstreamer.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "audio/8svx"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "phononbackends/gstreamer.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "audio/x-16sv"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "phononbackends/gstreamer.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "audio/168sv"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "phononbackends/gstreamer.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "image/ilbm"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "phononbackends/gstreamer.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "video/anim"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "phononbackends/gstreamer.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "image/x-png"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "phononbackends/gstreamer.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "video/mng"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "phononbackends/gstreamer.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "audio/x-real-audio"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "phononbackends/gstreamer.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "audio/x-pn-wav"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "phononbackends/gstreamer.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "audio/x-pn-windows-acm"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "phononbackends/gstreamer.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "audio/mpeg2"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "phononbackends/gstreamer.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "audio/x-mpeg2"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "phononbackends/gstreamer.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "audio/mpeg3"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "phononbackends/gstreamer.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "audio/x-mpeg3"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "phononbackends/gstreamer.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "x-mpegurl"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/share/applications/kde4/k3b.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "application/x-iso"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "ServiceMenus/k3b_create_audio_cd.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "audio/*"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "amarok_collection-playdarcollection.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "Amarok/Plugin-disabled"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/share/applications/vlc.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "video/x-flc"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/share/applications/vlc.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "audio/x-ms-asf"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/share/applications/vlc.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "audio/x-ms-wax"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/share/applications/vlc.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "audio/x-real-audio"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/share/applications/vlc.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "application/x-flac"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/share/applications/vlc.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "misc/ultravox"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/share/applications/vlc.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "audio/x-pn-aiff"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/share/applications/vlc.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "audio/x-pn-au"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/share/applications/vlc.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "audio/x-pn-wav"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/share/applications/vlc.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "audio/x-pn-windows-acm"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/share/applications/vlc.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "application/x-extension-mp4"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "ServiceMenus/k3b_write_iso_image.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "application/x-iso"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "ServiceMenus/k3b_write_iso_image.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "inode/ISO-image"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "videopreview.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "video/*"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/lib64/libreoffice/share/xdg/writer.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "application/x-doc"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/lib64/libreoffice/share/xdg/writer.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "application/vnd.lotus-wordpro"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "ffmpegthumbs.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "video/*"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "ark_dndextract.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "application/lha"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "ark_dndextract.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "application/maclha"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "fontthumbnail.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "fonts/package"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "text/mml"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "ServiceMenus/kmail_addattachmentservicemenu.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "all/all"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/share/applications/zzz-gimp.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "image/pcx"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/share/applications/zzz-gimp.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "image/x-gimp-gbr"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/share/applications/zzz-gimp.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "image/x-gimp-pat"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/share/applications/zzz-gimp.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "image/x-gimp-gih"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/share/applications/zzz-gimp.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "image/x-psp"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/share/applications/kde4/ktp-send-file.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "all/allfiles"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "ServiceMenus/k3b_create_data_project.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "all/all"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/share/applications/kde4/ark.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "application/lha"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/share/applications/kde4/ark.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "application/maclha"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "ServiceMenus/imageconverter.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "image/*"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/share/applications/kde4/marble.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "application/gpx+xml"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "plasma-kpart.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "KParts/Part"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "/usr/share/applications/kde4/amarok.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "application/x-ogm-audio"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "kfontviewpart.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "fonts/package"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "ServiceMenus/ark_addtoservicemenu.desktop" specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype "all/all"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KMimeAssociations::parseAllMimeAppsList: Parsing "/home/firen/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KMimeAssociations::parseAddedAssociations: "/home/firen/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list" specifies unknown service "audacity.desktop" in "Added Associations"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KMimeAssociations::parseAddedAssociations: "/home/firen/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list" specifies unknown service "kde4-words.desktop" in "Added Associations"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KMimeAssociations::parseAddedAssociations: "/home/firen/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list" specifies unknown service "kde4-kword.desktop" in "Added Associations"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KMimeAssociations::parseAddedAssociations: "/home/firen/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list" specifies unknown service "bluefish.desktop" in "Added Associations"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KMimeAssociations::parseAddedAssociations: "/home/firen/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list" specifies unknown service "kde4-dragonplayer.desktop" in "Added Associations"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KMimeAssociations::parseRemovedAssociations: "/home/firen/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list" specifies unknown service "bluefish.desktop" in "Removed Associations"
kbuildsycoca4(6670) KBuildSycoca::save: Saving
kbuildsycoca4(6670) kdemain: Emitting notifyDatabaseChanged ("servicetypes", "xdgdata-mime", "services", "apps")
No outputs have backlight property
QDBusConnection: name 'org.kde.kglobalaccel' had owner '' but we thought it was ':1.10'
kded(6667)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
OpenGL vendor string:                   NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string:                 GeForce GT 230M/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL version string:                  3.3.0 NVIDIA 295.53
OpenGL shading language version string: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
Driver:                                 NVIDIA
Driver version:                         295.53
GPU class:                              G80/G90
OpenGL version:                         3.3
GLSL version:                           3.30
X server version:                       1.11.4
Linux kernel version:                   3.3
Direct rendering:                       yes
Requires strict binding:                no
GLSL shaders:                           yes
Texture NPOT support:                   yes
kwin(6783) KWin::EffectsHandlerImpl::loadEffect: EffectsHandler::loadEffect : Effect  "kwin4_effect_startupfeedback"  is not supported 
QDBusObjectPath: invalid path ""
QDBusObjectPath: invalid path ""
plasma-desktop(6848)/libplasma Plasma::isPluginVersionCompatible: unversioned plugin detected, may result in instability 
plasma-desktop(6848)/libplasma Plasma::isPluginVersionCompatible: unversioned plugin detected, may result in instability 
"/usr/bin/kdeinit4(6848)" Soprano: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.kde.nepomuk.services.nepomukstorage was not provided by any .service files"
"/usr/bin/kdeinit4(6848)" Soprano: "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name"
"/usr/bin/kdeinit4(6848)" Soprano: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.kde.nepomuk.services.nepomukstorage was not provided by any .service files"
"/usr/bin/kdeinit4(6848)" Soprano: "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name"
QGraphicsLinearLayout::removeAt: invalid index 1
New PolkitAgentListener  0x24890c0 
Adding new listener  PolkitQt1::Agent::Listener(0x248fd90) for  0x24890c0 
yakuake(6944)/kdecore (KLibrary) findLibraryInternal: plugins should not have a 'lib' prefix: "libkonsolepart.so"
"/usr/bin/kactivitymanagerd(6760)" Soprano: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownObject - No such object path '/org/soprano/Server'"
"/usr/bin/kactivitymanagerd(6760)" Soprano: "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name"
WARNING: cannot create /var/run/entropy, OSError(13, 'Permission denied')
yakuake(6944)/konsole Konsole::Session::run: Attempted to re-run an already running session. 
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Using Virtuoso Version: "6.1.4.3127-pthreads"
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Using Virtuoso Version: "6.1.4.3127-pthreads"
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] void Soprano::VirtuosoController::writeConfigFile(const QString&, const BackendSettings&) "/tmp/virtuoso_nS6936.ini"
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Starting Virtuoso server: "/usr/bin/virtuoso-t" ("+foreground", "+configfile", "/tmp/virtuoso_nS6936.ini", "+wait")
"/usr/bin/kactivitymanagerd(6760)" Soprano: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownObject - No such object path '/org/soprano/Server'"
"/usr/bin/kactivitymanagerd(6760)" Soprano: "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name"
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "
" 
"		Thu May 31 2012
" 
"10:26:11 OpenLink Virtuoso Universal Server
" 
"10:26:11 Version 06.01.3127-pthreads for Linux as of Jan  2 2012
" 
"10:26:11 uses parts of OpenSSL, PCRE, Html Tidy
"
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "10:26:12 Entering Lite Mode
" 
"10:26:12 SQL Optimizer enabled (max 1000 layouts)
"
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "10:26:13 Compiler unit is timed at 0.002709 msec
"

(nm-applet:6957): libnotify-WARNING **: Failed to connect to proxy
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "10:26:13 Checkpoint started
"
Running Mixer_Backend destructor 
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "10:26:14 Roll forward started
" 
"10:26:14 Roll forward complete
"
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "10:26:14 Checkpoint started
"
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "10:26:15 Checkpoint finished, log reused
"
/home/firen/.dropbox-dist/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /usr/lib64/libproxy.so.1)
Failed to load module: /usr/lib64/gio/modules/libgiolibproxy.so
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "10:26:17 Server online at 1111 (pid 6980)
" 
Virtuoso started: 6980
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Soprano::ODBC::ConnectionPool::ConnectionPool(const QString&, const QStringList&, QObject*) "host=localhost:1111;uid=dba;pwd=dba;driver=/usr/lib64/virtodbc_r.so"
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Soprano::ODBC::Connection::Connection() QThread(0x1e24320)
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] virtual Soprano::ODBC::Connection::~Connection() QThread(0x1e24320)
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Soprano::ODBC::Connection::Connection() Nepomuk::GraphMaintainer(0x1f65560)
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] virtual Soprano::ODBC::Connection::~Connection() Nepomuk::GraphMaintainer(0x1f65560)
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Soprano::ODBC::Connection::Connection() QThread(0x1e24320)
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] void Soprano::VirtuosoController::writeConfigFile(const QString&, const BackendSettings&) "/tmp/virtuoso_kn6936.ini"
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Starting Virtuoso server: "/usr/bin/virtuoso-t" ("+foreground", "+configfile", "/tmp/virtuoso_kn6936.ini", "+wait")
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "
" 
"		Thu May 31 2012
" 
"10:26:18 OpenLink Virtuoso Universal Server
" 
"10:26:18 Version 06.01.3127-pthreads for Linux as of Jan  2 2012
" 
"10:26:18 uses parts of OpenSSL, PCRE, Html Tidy
"
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "10:26:18 Entering Lite Mode
" 
"10:26:18 SQL Optimizer enabled (max 1000 layouts)
"
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "10:26:18 Compiler unit is timed at 0.005831 msec
"
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "10:26:19 Checkpoint started
"
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "10:26:19 Roll forward started
" 
"10:26:19 Roll forward complete
"
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "10:26:19 Checkpoint started
"
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "10:26:19 Checkpoint finished, log reused
"
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "10:26:19 Server online at 1112 (pid 7085)
" 
Virtuoso started: 7085
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Soprano::ODBC::ConnectionPool::ConnectionPool(const QString&, const QStringList&, QObject*) "host=localhost:1112;uid=dba;pwd=dba;driver=/usr/lib64/virtodbc_r.so"
virtual Soprano::ODBC::Connection::~Connection() QThread(0x1e24320)
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] virtual Soprano::ODBC::Connection::~Connection() QThread(0x1e24320) 
Shutting down virtuoso instance 7085
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Virtuoso server stopped: 0
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] (Soprano::Redland::BackendPlugin) creating model of type "hashes" with options "hash-type='memory',contexts='yes'"
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] (Soprano::Redland::BackendPlugin) creating model of type "hashes" with options "hash-type='memory',contexts='yes'"
"/usr/bin/kactivitymanagerd(6760)" Soprano: "Unsupported operation (2)": "Invalid model"
"/usr/bin/kactivitymanagerd(6760)" Soprano: "Unsupported operation (2)": "Invalid model"
"/usr/bin/kactivitymanagerd(6760)" Soprano: "Invalid iterator."
"/usr/bin/kactivitymanagerd(6760)" Soprano: "Invalid iterator."
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Soprano::ODBC::Connection::Connection() QThread(0x26325e0) 
virtual void Soprano::Server::LocalServer::incomingConnection(quintptr) 
void Soprano::Server::ServerCorePrivate::addConnection(Soprano::Server::ServerConnection*) New connection. New count: 1
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] virtual void Soprano::Server::LocalServer::incomingConnection(quintptr)
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] void Soprano::Server::ServerCorePrivate::addConnection(Soprano::Server::ServerConnection*) New connection. New count: 2
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] virtual void Soprano::Server::LocalServer::incomingConnection(quintptr)
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] void Soprano::Server::ServerCorePrivate::addConnection(Soprano::Server::ServerConnection*) New connection. New count: 3
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Soprano::ODBC::Connection::Connection() Soprano::Server::ServerConnection(0x7fd26001ba00)
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] void Soprano::Server::ServerCorePrivate::addConnection(Soprano::Server::ServerConnection*) New connection. New count: 4
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] virtual Soprano::ODBC::Connection::~Connection() QThread(0x26325e0)
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] void Soprano::Server::ServerCorePrivate::addConnection(Soprano::Server::ServerConnection*) New connection. New count: 5
void Soprano::Server::ServerCorePrivate::addConnection(Soprano::Server::ServerConnection*) New connection. New count: 6
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Soprano::ODBC::Connection::Connection() Soprano::Server::ServerConnection(0x7fd260022b10)
** Message: No keyring secrets found for eduroam/802-1x; asking user.

(nm-applet:6957): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_event: assertion `WIDGET_REALIZED_FOR_EVENT (widget, event)' failed

(nm-applet:6957): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_event: assertion `WIDGET_REALIZED_FOR_EVENT (widget, event)' failed
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] void Soprano::Server::ServerCorePrivate::addConnection(Soprano::Server::ServerConnection*) New connection. New count: 7
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Soprano::ODBC::Connection::Connection() Soprano::Server::ServerConnection(0x7fd26001e320)
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] virtual void Soprano::Server::ServerConnection::run() thread done.
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] virtual Soprano::ODBC::Connection::~Connection() Soprano::Server::ServerConnection(0x7fd26001e320)
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] void Soprano::Server::ServerCore::serverConnectionFinished() 
virtual Soprano::Server::ServerConnection::~ServerConnection() Removing connection
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] void Soprano::Server::ServerCore::serverConnectionFinished() Connection removed. Current count: 6
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Soprano::ODBC::Connection::Connection() QThread(0x26936b0, name = "Thread (pooled)")
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] nepomukstorage(6936)/nepomuk (storage service): FIXME
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] nepomukstorage(6936)/nepomuk (storage service): FIXME

** (nm-applet:6957): CRITICAL **: write_one_secret_to_keyring: assertion `type == G_TYPE_STRING' failed
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] void Soprano::Server::ServerCorePrivate::addConnection(Soprano::Server::ServerConnection*) New connection. New count: 7
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Soprano::ODBC::Connection::Connection() QThread(0x7fd26002c6d0, name = "Thread (pooled)")
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Soprano::ODBC::Connection::Connection() QThread(0x7fd26002cac0, name = "Thread (pooled)")
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Soprano::ODBC::Connection::Connection() Soprano::Server::ServerConnection(0x7fd26001bb10)
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Soprano::ODBC::Connection::Connection() QThread(0x7fd260032db0, name = "Thread (pooled)")
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Soprano::ODBC::Connection::Connection() QThread(0x7fd260035620, name = "Thread (pooled)")
Here is my .xsession-erros

cheers