CoreCDX and fluxbox startup file [Solved]

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

CoreCDX and fluxbox startup file [Solved]

Postby rumahsiput » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:36

Fluxbox is quickly becoming my favorite wm. As a learning process, I partitioned off a section of my disk and installed CoreCDX. Everything is great and as I wanted it but for some reason fluxbox (from CoreCDX - no problem with fluxbox from my Gnome install) is not looking at my startup file. So far, I just open a terminal and put in the things I want to start like nm-applet & and whatever and I exit. I'm good for the day but it would be great if I could get ~/.fluxbox/startup file to work because I've more and more things to startup. I've googled it and tried all their suggestions like creating a .xsession and chmod it but could not get it to work either. Maybe I'm not doing it right. I even deleted the startup file in my home directory and fluxbox recreated a new one for me that also failed to work. However, in my frustration, made a backup of the file and deleted it a second time and it didn't give me a new one! What file should I create and what should I put in it for Sabayon because everyone seem to have something different in it? Could someone help me please? Thank you.
rumahsiput
Simple Hen

Re: CoreCDX and fluxbox startup file [Solved]

Postby rumahsiput » Mon May 02, 2011 4:11

Thank you very much. After the last update, everything just works! Thank you.
rumahsiput
Simple Hen

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers