fuzzy cloud on desktop icon names

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

fuzzy cloud on desktop icon names

Postby Skull Fire » Thu Apr 07, 2011 17:22

i changed to a theme i like but my desktop icon names now have a fuzzy cloud effect on it. i know ive read about it or seen the setting somewhere, but for the life of i can't find it :oops:

does anyone know of the top of thier head where the setting is located ? in kde :lol:
multi-booting Sabayon 5.5 kde 64 bit and others
intel e6600 @ 3.0 ghz core duo
6gb ddr2 800
biostar tpower i45 motherboard
nvidia 9800 gt
3) 7200 sata's non-raid
Skull Fire
Growing Hen

Re: fuzzy cloud on desktop icon names

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Thu Apr 07, 2011 23:24

Could it be that you have Shadows selected for the icon text? Shadows look fine with the Oxygen theme, but perhaps in the theme you are using (what is it, by the way?) shadows for icon text do not work well.

Right-click on the Desktop.

Select 'Folder View Settings'.

Click on 'Display'.

Under the 'Icon Text' section, untick 'Shadows'.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Re: fuzzy cloud on desktop icon names

Postby Skull Fire » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:12

im using the Aya desktop theme which looks grey by default, but an interesting thing is when i go to "aplication appearance" > colors i add the color scheme "tea sun", which is dark scheme. unlike some of the other desktop themes Aya actually changes with the color scheme. it looks pretty sweet, imho. the color changes to a black theme with bronze highlights in widgets even in the clock in the tray with tea sun added.

anyway, unchecking shadows didnt work. but the effect seems to apply to icons i have added to desktop, and not to the default icons that are there from install. ive been a bit busy so i didnt have a chance to search it further yet.

EDIT*** in playing with it more i have come to realize, that it is the color scheme combined with the desktop theme that is causing this on my added icons. in changing either desktop theme or system color scheme makes it go back to normal. also changing the color scheme in the details tab of desktop theme also can change it. but i cant find a a setting for the icon name yet.
edit 2** it seems only when i use the color scheme Tea Sun. all other i dont have this problem. but in none of the setting for can i find how to change it. . . not a major issue, i can use another dark color scheme and edit the colors i like, i just bugs me i cant find a setting, :mrgreen:
multi-booting Sabayon 5.5 kde 64 bit and others
intel e6600 @ 3.0 ghz core duo
6gb ddr2 800
biostar tpower i45 motherboard
nvidia 9800 gt
3) 7200 sata's non-raid
Skull Fire
Growing Hen

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers