Lancelot kde menu

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Lancelot kde menu

Postby Skull Fire » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:41

i usually set all my kde desktops to the classic menu system because i like the speed and ease of only mousing over catagories to open up the sub menus. i love the look of lancelot, it really awsome imho, but atleast for me, the sub catagories dont open by mousing over them. is there any secrets to do that ? or perhaps future updates that anyone knows of ?
multi-booting Sabayon 5.5 kde 64 bit and others
intel e6600 @ 3.0 ghz core duo
6gb ddr2 800
biostar tpower i45 motherboard
nvidia 9800 gt
3) 7200 sata's non-raid
Skull Fire
Growing Hen

Re: Lancelot kde menu

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:16

I really like Lancelot too, and it is what I use on my main laptop. To get sub-menus to open, one either has to click on them or hover the mouse cursor over the little black upward-pointing arrow to the right of the sub-menu entry (see picture below), which works in my case. Do you mean that doing that does not cause the sub-menu to appear in your case? I think the default configuration in Lancelot Launcher Settings > Menu > General is 'No-click activation', but I expect you've checked that already?

Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Re: Lancelot kde menu

Postby Skull Fire » Sat Apr 02, 2011 13:54

aaah i see. . .

i am using the "tragedy" desktop theme. which is another black style theme. however with tragedy it does not have that small mouse button in the rectangle selection box. but it does have another pretty cool effect in that there is a 2nd selection box that trails behind the main selection box as you move up and down the list with the mouse.

yea, i did check for the no-click. . . i'm no developer, so i dont know the technical aspect, but im wondering why that small upward pointed arrow is needed. . .instead of just mousing over anywhere on the selection.

im gonna have to try some other black desktop themes and see what other cool stuff is floating out there for lancelot.
multi-booting Sabayon 5.5 kde 64 bit and others
intel e6600 @ 3.0 ghz core duo
6gb ddr2 800
biostar tpower i45 motherboard
nvidia 9800 gt
3) 7200 sata's non-raid
Skull Fire
Growing Hen

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers