Is there any way to update a single KDE Widget?

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Is there any way to update a single KDE Widget?

Postby vxdfgdrf » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:13

Hello
There is a bug in the FolderView widget in the current version of KDE in the Sabayon repos.
However according to this bug report from the KDE bugtracker the issue is already fixed.
Is there an (easy) way to get the latest version of the FolderView widget or do i have to wait until it is in the Savayon repos?

Cheers
vxdfgdrf
Baby Hen

Re: Is there any way to update a single KDE Widget?

Postby timothyRlamora » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:03

right click on your taskbar and click on add widgets, or click on toolbox on the upper right hand corner on your desktop and click on add widgets
timothyRlamora
Growing Hen

Postby vxdfgdrf » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:21

timothyRlamora wrote:right click on your taskbar and click on add widgets, or click on toolbox on the upper right hand corner on your desktop and click on add widgets

Thanks for your answer but you should read my post (including the linked bug report) again.
vxdfgdrf
Baby Hen

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Sun Feb 20, 2011 14:39

It was fixed on 30 January in the KDE repository: http://quickgit.kde.org/index.php?p=kde ... 1b6577c71b

It's hardly a major bug, is it? If you make your selection then right-click and select Copy (or Cut) then you can copy (or paste) the files even without the above bug fix. The only thing that does not work is drag-and-drop. You'll need to wait until 4.6.1 comes out and gets built and put in the Entropy repository for download.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Mon Mar 07, 2011 15:43

Just discovered that the effect in KDE 4.6.0 reported by the OP only occurs when you change the mouse option from single click to double click (Kickoff > System Settings > Input Devices > Mouse > General | Double-click to open files and folders). If you switch it back to single-click you can click on file and folder icons again and drag them around, allowing you to copy-and-paste or move them. KDE, eh?! :roll: Anyway, I assume from the aforementioned bug report that KDE 4.6.1 will work correctly irrespective of whether single-click or double-click is selected in System Settings.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Fri Mar 11, 2011 17:56

I installed KDE 4.6.1 last night (via Portage) and the bug has been fixed by the KDE developers.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers