KDE Widget to display Intel i7 clock speed?

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

KDE Widget to display Intel i7 clock speed?

Postby NotExcessive » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:04

When I was running Gnome, I had installed a monitor in the system tool bar that displayed the current clock speed, as well as let you select the priority (performance, on-demand, etc.). After I had installed KDE, that bit of Gnome broke (even though the two window managers shouldn't interfere with each other, this time they did) so I couldn't click on it to find its info, and I can't remember where I got the monitor from - I'd like to have the same thing working in a panel in KDE.

I thought it was gnome-system-monitor but that wasn't it. The one I'm after is shown on the left of the system monitor in the toolbar below:

Does anyone recall where this can be found, and if it will run in KDE? I've had a look at the widgets list and downloads but can't seem to find it.

Thanks.
NotExcessive
Simple Hen

Re: KDE Widget to display Intel i7 clock speed?

Postby timothyRlamora » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:29

you could right click on the kde taskbar and click on panel options, add widgets and there you will find cpumonitor or you could use system monitor. I think in gnome it is called cpufreq
timothyRlamora
Growing Hen

Postby NotExcessive » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:15

Yes I think the one I'm looking for is cpufreq but it doesn't seem to be in sulfur.
NotExcessive
Simple Hen

Postby timothyRlamora » Sat Feb 05, 2011 19:10

when you launch sulfur, there is a search bar, type in cpufreq and if it is there it will find it, or you can click on sort packagages in alphabetical order and scroll down to the gnome pacakages and see if it is there, you could also open up your terminal, su-password, type in equo install cpufreq and see if that works
timothyRlamora
Growing Hen

Postby NotExcessive » Sat Feb 05, 2011 23:37

Sorry I might not have been clear: I do have cpufreq util installed, what I was looking for was the Gnome application that displayed the CPU speed in the task bar, and whether that would run under KDE.
NotExcessive
Simple Hen

Postby albfneto » Sun Feb 06, 2011 18:55

i use gnome and KDE. i use the same applet, in gnome.
i have in mind that it not works in KDE.
for kde, you may click with the right mouse button in desktop, choose "add widgets", and search for a new frequency monitor widget.

you also see some CPU monitors for KDE, if you install Superkaramba or GkrellM packages, the serach and add themes and plugins.
ALBERTO FEDERMAN NETO
albfneto
albfneto@fcfrp.usp.br
Favorite Distros: Sabayon, Gentoo, Mageia and OpenSUSE
albfneto
Sagely Hen

Postby speedyx » Mon Feb 07, 2011 0:18

I use the system load viewer, a kde widget that was installed by default, I think. Those that have vertical bars.
The Freedom Technologies Are Available!
I love KDE rolling release distributions that just works!
speedyx
Growing Hen

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers