Flickering smilies?

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Flickering smilies?

Postby Gordon » Tue Dec 07, 2010 17:53

I'm not sure when this started; I do seem to remember it not being like this before though.

I have the current version of Sabayon Gnome x64 installed on two desktops and both suffer from the same symptom that many (but not all) animated smilies are flickering on and off, showing just a single image of the animation sequence. The machines are not the same: one is a fairly new Dell system with an ATI Radeon card, the other a noname with a Nvidia card.

It's not a particularly big issue, but the flickering is even more annoying than the animated smilies themselves are. Anyone else experiencing this? Solutions?
Gordon
Simple Hen

Re: Flickering smilies?

Postby _cnfss_ » Tue Dec 07, 2010 21:35

If you're speaking about gif animation when you're web-browsing internet using firefox.. Yeah, it's an annoying bug, but from firefox... Not SL.

Just to be sure, try with a different browser...

If you're not speaking about "gif animation when you're web-browsing internet using firefox" then I don't have any idea of what you're talking about.

Good luck!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
"Sólo dos cosas son infinitas, el universo y la estupidez humana, y no estoy seguro acerca de la primera."
- Albert Einstein
_cnfss_
Growing Hen

Postby Gordon » Tue Dec 07, 2010 22:05

Hadn't thought of that :oops:

Strange that this bug does not seem to exist on Firefox for Microsoft?
Gordon
Simple Hen

Postby Thev00d00 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 22:12

Its caused by a too new version or cairo irrc, Im using FF 4.0b8pre and all smileys are working correctly! :wink:
Please report Bugs on the Bugzilla, not forum
Please Adopt an Unanswered thread
Website / Blog : v00d00.net
twitter: Follow Me
G+: Circle Me
Thev00d00
Generally Awesome (tm)

Postby _cnfss_ » Tue Dec 07, 2010 23:41

Thev00d00, I tried FF 4.0b8pre, but it fails to load flash plugin, is there any way to make it work ok?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
"Sólo dos cosas son infinitas, el universo y la estupidez humana, y no estoy seguro acerca de la primera."
- Albert Einstein
_cnfss_
Growing Hen

Postby dunsurfin » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:59

There is a thread here about it:
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=22015

I found that downgrading cairo via portage worked for me.
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers