Thanks free_energy, but I don't think the problem was caused by change to the new kernel, although it could be and it only blew up when I update Qt. Anyway, the kind people in the irc (genfool and Azerthoth, among others) helped me out, and I did a few things:
1. Deleted ~/.kd* first to see if it fixed it but it didn't,
2. equo install kde-meta: which installed, to my surprise 107 packages, Still didn't fix
3. equo libtest && equo deptest: The libtest installed some18 packages, and deptest installed two, after restarting x, I got KDE but lost sabayon customizations,
4. Copied /etc/skel/.kd* into my ~/ preserving the paths (cp -a /etc/skel/.kde* ~/)
Now, it is back to how it was in a fresh install. I am going to mark this as SOLVED.