KDE 4.2 and 3.5 installed/ Sabayon wont start

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

KDE 4.2 and 3.5 installed/ Sabayon wont start

Postby Kadano » Mon Aug 17, 2009 16:03

Hi, because of the many missing features etc. I wanted to install 3.5 parallel to 4.2. I thought that it would be possible to choose either 3.5 or 4.2 on the login screen like between KDE and Gnome; however now none of both starts and I stay in the konsole login.

Edit: Got help in the Web Chat, but when I tried to upgrade the system with "equo world", it showed me an error message that was like: "It seems your harddisk is damaged." However, I can mount all partitions and use all data from the LiveDVD. Also Windows XP doesn't start any more (it stays on the screen with the flag forever)
Kadano
Baby Hen

Re: KDE 4.2 and 3.5 installed/ Sabayon wont start

Postby Kadano » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:49

...Help? This is really annoying, I don't have the time to install two OSs again...
Kadano
Baby Hen

Postby wolfden » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:55

well is your hard drive damaged? If nothing is booting than something must be wrong. You should probably test your hard drive. The manufacturer of your hard drive should have information on this.

can also read:
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm? ... 583&page=6
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby Kadano » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:03

No, I'm pretty sure that it's a wrong message. I can start Windows XP with "Last working settings" and access all data on all partitions, same with the LiveDVD. But everytime I start Sabayon, it tells me that the hard disk is damaged, probably because there were errors during the installation of KDE 3.5.10?!
Kadano
Baby Hen

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers