Windows lost frames - Compiz issue?

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Windows lost frames - Compiz issue?

Postby trout » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:54

Hi,

From my base 3.5 install everything was working fine. Then I launched Compiz and played around with it and now when rebooting all my windows don't have their frame (no top bar or max/min buttons or close). I have to re-launch Compiz and then change back down to Xfce to get their frame. If I leave on Compiz the menu items are see through and I have to click 4 or fives time on a menu item to get the icons to appear. That and I am unable to type anything into say firefox or any other programme when using Compiz.

Not sure how I can get things back to the way they were? Can anyone give my any pointers and or help?

Thanks for any replies.
trout
Baby Hen

Re: Windows lost frames - Compiz issue?

Postby sjieke » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:46

Are you using nvidia or ati?
Did you update before the frames dissapeared? If so, was it the kernel and/or video drivers?
Is your opengl configured correctly? To check this use (as root)
Code: Select all
eselect opengl list
to list all available options (the currently active one has an asterisk) and then
Code: Select all
eselect set X
where X is the number corresponding with the opengl to use.
sjieke
Technological Hen

Postby trout » Mon Sep 15, 2008 13:09

Thanks for the input.

It's a GMA950 in the MSI Wind and apart from an emerge --sync, no updates no. Just turned on Compiz. Prior to that everything worked fine.

I'll try the above when I get home.

Thanks.
trout
Baby Hen

Postby trout » Mon Sep 15, 2008 19:54

Been in and checked that I only have xorg-x11 as opengl. It must be something strange with the settings in compiz - the reboot from my last session worked fine into Xfce with no compiz ... will have to investigate further.
trout
Baby Hen

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers