All windows keep minimizing

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

All windows keep minimizing

Postby Kurasu1415 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 22:17

I know I can't be the only person who has had this issue. Apparently everyime my cursor is placed on the edge of my screen, it minimizes all my windows. this becomes increasingly obnoxious because i accidentally touch the outside of the screen while reading something and WHAM its minimized. Can someone please tell me a solution? I am Using KDE if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance.
Kurasu1415
Baby Hen

Re: All windows keep minimizing

Postby dunsurfin » Fri Aug 08, 2008 22:36

I think you're talking about the "scale" plugin in Compiz. Open the Compiz settings manager, find "window management" and disable the "scale" plugin or choose a different binding for "Initiate window picker".
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Postby Kurasu1415 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 22:45

That isnt the issue. No matter what I do whenever i place the cursor on the outsides on the screen, everything minimizes. Its stupid.
Kurasu1415
Baby Hen

Postby Stupot » Fri Aug 08, 2008 22:56

After everything is minimized, what happens if you bring the cursor to the outside of the screen again? Do they all pop back up or no?

And I'm assuming that when you click on one of the minimized apps, only that app restores itself and not all the other ones. Is that correct?
Stupot
Sagely Hen

Postby dunsurfin » Fri Aug 08, 2008 23:31

OK, it's not the "scale" plugin. Are you using Compiz? If so, try selecting a different window manager and see if the same happens.
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers