Changing Login Background in Sabayon 3.5

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Changing Login Background in Sabayon 3.5

Postby Miles C. » Tue Jul 08, 2008 20:42

I'm trying to change the background of the log on screen. I've gone to the KDE control center, and change the background picture, but the sabayon wallpaper loads on top of that. How can I get rid of the Sabayon Wallpaper?

I'm running KDE 3.5.9.

Suggestions?
Miles C.
Baby Hen

Re: Changing Login Background in Sabayon 3.5

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:44

Right-click on Desktop and select Configure Desktop...

Also see the following threads if you want to know what affects the SL theme and where some of the files are stored:

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=13797

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=13918
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Re: Changing Login Background in Sabayon 3.5

Postby Miles C. » Thu Jul 10, 2008 18:31

Thanks for your reply.

Fitzcarraldo wrote:Right-click on Desktop and select Configure Desktop...

Unless I'm missing something, that changes the desktop wallpaper. I want to change the wallpaper of the login screen. I went to Kcontrol > System Administration > Login Manager > Administrator mode > Background and changed the "Picture" field to the picture of my choice. However, after my choice wallpaper loads, the Sabayon Blue themed wallpaper loads on top of it. Is there away to remove this Blue themed wallpaper (while keeping the SL prompt)?

EDIT: Solution Found!

There are two wallpapers loading on my system: One managed by the KDE control center, and one that loads on top of it. (possibly loaded by the sabayon logon screen?) This second wallpaper is /usr/share/backgrounds/login.png. By overwriting this file with the image of your choice will put it up when you log on, although changing the one in the KDE control center is still advised, as it still shows for a moment.
Miles C.
Baby Hen

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers