I have patched it and got it working.
Even better you can install it through Entropy!
From my Zenana thread:http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=13910
1. Add the Zenana community repo, see: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=13910
2. Install the zenana version of "kde-base/kdesktop-3.5.9-r4" (may require other packages, I recommend all kde-base packages and Qt) packages from Zenana
3. Download This script
and put it in your ~/.kde3.5/Autostart Directory (remember to make it executable)
4. Set up compiz wallpaper plugin.
5. Logout and back in
- Kicker/fake transparency will not work correctly
- Some people have reported issues with the zenana patches, use at your own risk, I have it installed here (i made that screenshot) and its rock solid